“Mothers Day Madness”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Mothers Day Madness”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I told the folks to choose where they wanted to eat. Mom said Mimi's! I had never heard of it, she said it was French, I said "it's mother's day, whatever you want." Reservations were made early in the week for 1 PM (oops, we arrived at 1:05) but to the delight of the two octogenarians, we were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival...and this place was P-A-C-K-E-D! Ok, there's always something to complain about, but wow, I have to say, based on the sheer volume of customers, they did a pretty good job. The waiter (Brandon) was very attentive if not just downright compassionate (octogenarians remember)...While the "house margaritas" were flat out disgusting (sent them back), the cherry mojito and the cosmo were both reasonably well prepared. (it's not a bar after all). Mom had the petite filet, cooked medium, and it was good, a bit on the tough side for a filet but good nonetheless. Dad had the crabcake appetizer (he dosen't eat much) and he said they were good. I had the Roasted Chicken Crepes...I have to say they were pretty tasty.

The downside to the whole experience was the overwhelming number of people that they were trying to serve. We placed our order at 1:20 PM, it arrived at our table at 2:15 PM.

All of this said, it was actually pretty good, considering. I will try it again when it's not a "special occasion" just to make sure. This day, it was busy, loud and full of people trying to do thier jobs the best they could.

It reminded me of a high end "Bob Evans" with much better food...just the time it took to get served irked me a bit.

All in all - a good experience, reasonalbly priced for the taste of the food, and I'd say yes, at least try it.

• Visited May 2013

“lunch with a client”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was my 1st time there. I had a carved turkey sandwich. She had soup and salad. It was so good. The service was great and we took home leftovers. They also gave me a bag with a few muffins to try. They were yummy!!

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The food at Mimi's is consistently good. The muffins are so delicious. It is one of the things that draws me to come back so often. I go the Mimi's about once a month and I have always had good service. The only negative I can think of is that it is always cold in there.

Visited April 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great Lunch at Mimi's Cafe”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My daughters and I had lunch with my cousin at Mimi's Cafe in Viera, FL when we were visiting from the north. What a treat!

We had an excellent waitress who, though busy, took good care of us. They serve bread and muffins before the meal which, in my opinion, might be a mistake. Both of my girls were kind of full after eating their enormous muffins and their lunch hadn't even been served. They gave me bites of their muffins and I must say, they were delicious.

I had the Chicken Stir Fry and one daughter had a quiche and the other a sandwich. Everyone was very satisfied with their meal. The portions were good sized and properly prepared. We had a bit of a wait for our food but nothing excessive, especially given how busy the restaurant was.

Our lunch was a delight and I'd be happy to return for another meal. Good food and great service, a winning combination!

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Mimi's is good for the price”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Food is good and very cheap. The service was very addecuate and our portions were large. The restaurant was very clean .

Visited January 2013