“Nice pleace and nice Staff”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Orlando
“Nice pleace and nice Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2007

I just stayed overnight here at exit 180 in West Melbourne and had really not much to complain about. I stayed with my Wife and 2 kids and was very comfortable. I stayed in room 245 and had pool view and was very nice after a long drive. I like the fact that IHOP was right next door and across the street was a 7-11 for a nice slurpee. I was going to eat at Ihop in the morning but to my surprise they have a good selection for breakfast like cereal, bagels, donuts, toast, apple juice, orange juice, milks, and the best of all thing was the make your own Waffles! yes I said make your own and man they were so good and the kids also agreed. When I left here I paid like 68 for night but for 4 people for breakfast that would have cost me over 30 at IHOP I paid 38 bucks when you factor everything in. Remember if you want a Embassay suites for the night dont bother here but if you want a nice place that you feel safe and nice AC units and quiet and a very comfortable bed you need to stay here. My kids loved it so that what mattered to me and my kids are 14 and 8. I also remember they have free internet connections so my son could play his Xbox360. Enjoy

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The door swipe Keys
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2007

we were there for 2 nights and and really enjoyed it, the room was spotless the staff was very nice and the pool was really clean, highly recomended

• Liked — Clean Clean Clean
  • Disliked — the name howard jhonson
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
jacksonville, fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

Just what you'd expect at an affordable roadside hotel. I went to Melbourne for the New Year and stayed 3 nights. My original reservation was at this gross hotel next door that I had to cancel upon seeing the room there....then decided to give the HoJo's a chance. reall good breakfast, clean room, ok staff. while i was there i met the new manager or owner ( i'm not sure which) who was very pleasant and mentioned some upcoming changes to happen.

like i said above, a typical roadside hotel. value for buck was right on

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank kayadog
Lakeland FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2006

All I can say positive is, thank God we only had to stay one night. The stay started off with a front desk clerk that acted like she was higher than the clouds. Our confirmation showed 2 rooms and she tried to just give us 1. After a brief argument, she coughed up the second room. One room had a slight odor about it but the second room, which was right next door (149 and 150) smelled worse than a pet shop that had not been cleaned in weeks. We turned on the air and went to dinner (which was also horrible). When we returned, there were several cars and loads of teens in the parking lot drinking beer, playing loud music and running around screaming and carrying on to no end. The front desk did nothing about getting them off the property. This went on until well after midnight. If I say I got 2 hours of sleep here, I am being generous. If you can help it, please do not stay here. I plan to contact HoJo's corporate office to see if I can get some sort of refund on the room cost.

Also as a side note, my business partner who was in the other room found a purse in her room safe. She contacted the front desk and they said to leave it up there. After our check in experience, she decided to contact the owner directly. Turns out they live just 30 minutes from our home town. The owner of the purse stated she called the front desk earlier in the day inquiring about that purse and was told that housekeeping checks the safe's every day after check-out and nothing was turned in. Apparently they did not do their job in this case and fortunately for this owner, got her purse back the next night. My business partner met them on the way home to deliver it safe and sound. I would hate to think what would have happened if someone not as honest had stayed in that room and found the purse....

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank tamtoysr5
HoJo-Melbourne, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2007
On behalf of the new owners and management company of the Howard Johnson of W. Melbourne, I would like to invite you back and experience what Howard Johnson is all about. Our company took over this hotel in December of 2006 we have made numerous improvements since your stay. I do apologize for what you did experience during your stay and I will assure you that you will never experience that here again.
Bahamas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2006

We stayed at this motel in the last week in Jan.2006.The rooms were clean. There were sufficient towels most nights, but one night out of 4 we had to ask for more as only had 1 bathtowel. The sheets were not changed during our stay and one of the blankets was very worn- not worth giving to the Salvation army, etc. It was an ok rating with us. The only downfall is they did not have a free continental breakfast as most motels do nowadays.

1 Thank stopit
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2004

We stayed at the hotel in June of 2004 and found it to be quite adequate. It is a sixties vintage motel just off the interstate. It was very clean, particularly the rooms and the pool area. The rooms were quiet and well lit. The front lobby and game room were under construction, but everything was accessible. There is a fleabag hotel next door, an IHOP within 200 feet and a multiplex cinema on the other side. Overall, a fine place for a night or two.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2002

To call this place a dump is to insult dumps everywhere. This used to be a pretty nice hotel but has fallen on hard times. the rooms are dirty,the staff is surly,promised discounts were not given and I believe management has given up on this place. Don't stay here-Melbourne has much better hotels. Like any other one you might choose.

bpmelbournehotels, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites during your recent visit to our area.

I am so sorry and horrified that you were treated with any thing less than complete courtesy by our staff. This kind of thing is not something which we will tolerate and I do appreciate so much your taking the time to inform us. Upon receipt of your review the following steps were taken:

1) All members of the staff received extra training concerning the way our valued guests are to be treated.

2) It was made clear to the registration staff that all promised discounts are to be honored.

3) Housekeeping staff received extra training in the level of cleaning which they are expected to maintain.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area you will again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.