“DIRTY”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Centerburg, Ohio
“DIRTY”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was AWFUL! I would not recommend it to anyone. The shower was still wet from previous guests, the lampshades were torn, there were many "patched" holes in the walls and the room did not even have a phone. The table was disgusting and the floors were definitely not clean. Would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. We ended up moving in the middle of the night to another hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry we could not satisfy you during your recent stay. While we satisfy thousands of customers every month, not everyone leaves completely contented. For that, I apologize to you. We could have provided a different room if there were specific issues that needed attention, but I’m glad you found a good night’s sleep elsewhere.

Thanks, Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff was very nice at this hotel. As for this being my first time here, i will be sure to return on future travels. Defiantly worth your money !! Very easy to access locatin, and close to all things such as gas stations, malls, restaurants and especially the highway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chanley J
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff who work there are incredibly nice people and very accommodating, but the owners and the general manager are money grubbing tyrants and far too inflexible...

Our smoke detector was broken for the 2 month stay we were there. 3 separate times we asked to have it fixed, it wasn't.

The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about: mini doughnuts, cereal, oatmeal, waffles but still something. Now it is a joke... just waffles. Don't advertise simmering that isn't really there. Another "Corner cutting" I mean "cost cutting measure".

The rooms have a seriois cockroach problem, when asked about spraying or something I was informed the owners will only spray minimally and that they wouldn't spray anymore in the month.

Regards of how long you stay there you cannot extend your stay unless you do it at a minimum of 2 weeks at a time and they will not give refunds regardless of circumstance.

On principle it's not even about policies or corner cutting its the numerous times to be in the lobby and hear the gm, Trina or a male who it was explained was related to ownership, verbally attack their employees or people staying in the hotel. Absolutely disgusting!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve D
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for spending two months with us. We appreciate your business. It’s hard to imagine that the problems were as bad for you as stated since you stayed so long at our property, but I sincerely apologize for any lapses in quality you experienced. Our goal is to provide 100 percent satisfaction to every customer. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed January 26, 2014

THis hotel needs a lot of work. When I first walked in my room I encountered a bad musty smell. I called the front desk and asked to have room that was refurbished but was told that all the rooms were about the same. Then searched around for the smell and I had over 20 splotches of Mold on my shower curtain. Also there was Mold under lip of the toilet which tells me the staff never cleaned to toilets very well. In addition there was worn out carpet. In fact the carpet was so bad that the carpet along the sides of the rooms was a different color than the carpet in the middle of the room. In addition the furniture greatly beat up. Sorry I am sure that those who are writing good reviews might be employees or maybe got the hotel mixed up with other ones.... this one really needs a complete over haul....I Have stayed in several other Americas best value inn's before and they were really great values... not this one...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry to hear of your concerns about our property, but I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in the quality and cleanliness of our property and on our positive reviews, so we take the problems you mention very seriously. We are rechecking all rooms this week to make sure no such problems exist. If you have any other questions or concerns, you’re welcome to contact me directly at any time.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

people do not realize < value > the staff is excellant, all with the exception of a few know the meaning of hospitality. they make you feel at <HOME> for frequent travelers such as my self, this is the < VALUE> I will pay more for a safe haven. MR. PATEL does a fine job along with jacki, one of his greatest assets, she makes you feel at home from the onset. thank you, mr. PATEL and mr.BLOSS for provideing me with a home away from home!!!!!

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

• Thanks for the good comment you made and we are happy that you felt like home while you entire stay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Dundee, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel is very clean, well kept. The pool is always clean and there is always rooms availed. The staff are nice and welcoming and very informative, I stayed there for two weeks and did not have any problems the whole stay the breakfast was always on time and I never had to ask them for anything the beds were always cleaned when I returned to the room. front desk is very polite and always starts conversations. I will be returning to this hotel in a later date everything was to my expectations

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ted m
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is the most disgusting hotel. It's very dirty and roach infested. Roaches get into your fridge and die in your fridge. Front desk is okay but the management especially Trina who doesn't care. As long as she can drink at the bar that's what matters to her. She doesn't care about guests well being. Cops are always there and you always smell dope. Comforter had burn holes, carpet was old and stained, sheets and towels were old and stained and we had a non smoking room which smelt of smoke. People are screaming and fighting. Bar B-Que in the parking lot. Pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere else. STAY AWAY

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but this hotel. Couldn't get worse
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shaun62
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue of cleanliness, hygiene and all other related problems in the room has been investigated.

We have taken specific pest and rodent control measures so as to see that such an incident never occur in future and along with special training to the hotel staff and manager to ensure to offer the finest hospitality and good amenities.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely