“Poorly maintained... going downhill fast!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've stayed here in the past and while it was never a 4-star luxury hotel, it was decent, in a good location and affordable, so we booked again. Sadly, in the past year or so, the quality has seriously gone downhill. Our party had several rooms booked and there were serious problems with all of them. The air conditioner was in disrepair in our room leading to a damp carpet, musty smell, and a difference of only about 10-15 degrees from the sweltering 95+ degree heat outside! We complained twice - maintenance came once, but did nothing to fix the problem. Another room had a broken toilet seat and a mirror that was about to fall off the wall, along with possible cigarette holes in the comforter. The last room had a hole in the wall and dirty sheets. The hotel was overcrowded and many of the other guests left us feeling uneasy. We spent as little time as possible in our rooms. Would not recommend even for a single night's stay. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more for some peace of mind!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sunnysideup79
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you had however unlikely may it be.

We are continuously improving our rooms, and other amenities along with points related to cleanliness and other points mentioned by you.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Vaule Inn? Um a motel! This place looks kinda nice in the front, theres a pool, surrounded by high uncut grass. The parking lot is overcrowded with tight parking spaces.
Regardless, I decided to book it for 1 night at least it was getting late.
The front office was small, It smelled like urine. The is a bar located behind the front desk, and while i was getting my keys, a creepy man was just staring at me and he had stains on his pants...it freaked me out. I was giving a ticket by the lady. for a free drink. Hmm maybe, i could use one...
Oh Wait, the Melbourne Cops just pulled up with Brevard deputy Sheriffs, blonde woman with no shoes and red head man with smoking a Mild & 4loco in his hand arguing in front of the door.
I ripped that ticket as soon as i got outside. No way would i feel safe in a dimly lit bar with crazy people.
Coming to my room, next door theres a another guy smoking on the phone saying MF this MF that, i rushed my kids into there asap.
First thing when you open the door, there's a odor so pungent that slaps you in the face. Smelled like urine and cigarretes, and dirty feet. I believe it was the carpet..or the blanket with cigarrete burns in a cleary non smoking room...
no coffemaker, 25 channels on old box tv. 1980s microwave with a dial...
breakfast? room temperature milk, with cereal, and mini doughnuts. sticky waffle machine (DIY)

umm my kids felt scared, i did too. never again. I was too scared to go out to the car for my toothpaste...

Room Tip: None of the rooms. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!! id recommend going across the street to the budget inn, where...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BBTarentino
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the ABVI Melbourne.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay and have taken a serious view of the review.

We are investigating the incidence however unlikely it may be and whether it has happened on a specific day.

We will be taking complete security measures and ensure that guest security is never compromised.

We are addressing your observations related to the rooms, odor and amenities issue.
Each room is now individually checked and certified before checking in a new guest.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My first impression was the desk clerks were very polite, personable and friendly and quick to check us in. There was tractor trailer parking and they were pet friendly with an average fee. But they asked if we could give them a good review! And sadly, ladies, I cannot! The room was below average - while the front desk personnel were great, the cleaning crew needs to be replaced! Hair on the sink counter, the toilet leaked, the floors were dirty, there was small garbage items on the floor under the dust ruffles of the beds, the linens were dingy and just plain old nasty looking - holes from cigarette burns, frayed, stained, just disgusting. The furniture in the room was in shabby condition - table top worn and chipped up, just plain ol' deplorable looking items. The topper is there is a bar attached with a pretty decent food menu which we found okay. But later that night, we had to disconnect the phone as we kept getting prank calls. A call to the office to report this indicated they were having the same problem around the hotel. Towards late evening, we had some drunk woman banging on doors, our own included, looking for someone. In the morning, I found a police officer at the front desk going over this problem with the desk clerk. Seems this happens quite often and they know who this woman is. Why she continues to bother people and the police haven't arrested her for disturbing the peace is beyond me! As far as the continental breakfast offered, we didn't partake of anything - just wanted to get out of this place as quickly as possible. I do NOT recommend staying here! Very disgusted and will be crossing this one off our list of places along the road to stay at!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! Avoid this one at all costs!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the ABVI Melbourne FL to stay during your last visit to our area.

Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

Basically we are committed to offer a secure stay for our guests and we are investigating about that day when such a drama could occur causing inconvenience to you.

We have taken your review seriously and appropriate actions are being taken on each of your observations. Any lapse or failure on the housekeeping and hygiene staff will not be tolerated.

We are hiring a professional team to improve the hotel upkeep, security and hospitality.

Please make a note of the same.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel looks good from the street, the prices are cheap, and the location is ideal for the area, but the minute I opened the door I wanted to run away from here.
I had my 4 yr. old grandson with me, and it didn't feel like a safe place...very shady!
I cancelled my reservations and checked in elsewhere.
Later found out from locals that crack heads hang here....I'm not sure about that, but all I can say is that I found this place unacceptable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the ABVI, Melbourne, FL.

We have received similar complaints from few other esteemed guests who stayed at that particular time and are investigating it.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused howsoever.

We have made complete arrangements to augment safety and security for our guests.

We are worried about the security concerns you had and shall always ensure safety of our guests.

We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel was advertised on TripAdvisor and rated very good - easy booking - weekend was at the door. What we did then vorfanden the mirror image of wrong management and laziness / blindness of employees. The rooms were dirty (actually the whole hotel), the wireless could you smoke in the pipe. Non smoking room, there was not really. One had the feeling the staff had already in the bag and the termination of the state of the hotel they did not care - regardless of their cause and secure.
Was rated somewhat obscure to me as the hotel with some 5 points. There are nicer hotels but - even from this could be a nice hotel - but not under these circumstances. And I'm not the maid - a hotel visit begins at the front desk. Is time that you move and touch her ​​butt with - it's their job - yet!
The fact is that this hotel is a mess and I can only advise every traveler - ride more

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the ABVI, West Melbourne FL.

We noted your review and apologize for the inconvenience caused howsoever.

We have investigated the issue and we have never come across such a complaint earlier, but your review is serious to us.

We have ensured the rooms are maintained better and also the front office staff have been trained and instructed to maintain the highest level of hospitality.

You can have a comfortable stay next time. Trust us and visit us again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My fiancé and I decided to take a spur-of-the-moment trip down to Florida for a few day during the first week of April. The area is nice and quiet with quite a few things to do right there within a few minutes. The beach was only about 20 minutes away and we were able to get a really good rate on the room so we decided to stay at Americas Best.
Upon check in at the hotel, the staff seemed friendly enough and I was pleased to see a bar and a REC room that included a pool table, darts, televisions, snack machines and arcade games. This was definitely something I've never seen before in a hotel, and everything seemed to be updated and really nice. Check-in was quick and we went straight to our room due to our arrival being so late. Once we got into our room the room was pretty out-dated but looked very clean so initially we were pleased and headed straight to bed.
Throughout the week, our stay was nice as we spent most of our days at the different beaches in the area. But we did have a few minor glitches, such as; the lights above our bathroom sink kept going out at random times and coming back on or the tv remote would stop working every once in awhile, but nothing too major.
One thing I definitely would tell other travelers to be aware of is the fact that the front desk staff doesn't know the area too well, so don't rely on them to give any good recommendations on places to eat or places to find souvenirs. We specifically asked the front desk clerk a place to find souvenirs to take home and she sent us to a local strip-mall that had stores that included: Dick's, Macy's, JCPenny, Marshall's ect,.
Also, on our day of check out we had requested a late check out of 1pm due to our flight time. I called down to the front the night before and the guy at the desk said, "1pm is fine, I'll make sure to write it down and let the morning person know when she gets here."
Friday morning, the day of our check out, at 11am our phone rings and its the front desk informing us that check out was at 11am. I told her that I had requested a late one the night before and the man said it was okay. So then she proceeded to tell me that she absolutely could not let us check out at 1 and we had until noon to leave. If we weren't out of the room by 12:30pm " the system would automatically charge us for another full day". I thought this was competent rude, but also showed a lack of communication between staff. Not to mention we were going to be the ones to have to pay for their MISTAKE! I will never stay here again just purely due to the lack of knowledge the staff has when it comes to treating customers! I will also make sure everyone I know, knows how terrible the staff is, and have them stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 618AAK47bang

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We are thankful for staying with the Americas Best Value Melbourne during your visit to FL.

We see the review and appreciate you for bringing the mess and inhospitality of the front desk staff to our notice.

We have taken immediate steps to revamp the staff and engage people with sound local knowledge and who are committed to treat our guests with concern.

We also note some of the positive points you have mentioned and while acknowledging that, we would like to inform you that a complete audit of the housekeeping and amenities is being initiated and we are aware that the entire property is due for an overall redo which is in the cards.

Kindly note that your review is important to us and we will be happy to see you again to have a new experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

From the outside the Inn looked nice, older property but appeared well kept. Lobby dated and breakjfast area/bar needed a lot of work, but was clean., The room lacked any ammenities you normally expect. No coffee maker, no ironing board [but an iron] no tissues and when I asked was told they did not put them in any more, so I went to the lobby and was given a box. Bathroom was very clean as was lav area. Was there 2 nights and the 1st morning after showering I put the dirty towel on the floor and the wash cloth also and when I returned to my room, I found the towel hung over the shower rod and the wash cloth handing on a towel rod! Trash was not empties only the bed made. Room was very dated and needed a complete renovation. The telephone was an old style with lots of buttons and most buttons aside from dial pad were missing. Pool area was clean. The breakfast bar area was a mess and spread over 3 areas and the room was relatively dark. There was a small resturant/Bar. Were supposed to be open at 5 PM daily, but on Sunday no one showed up.

Room Tip: I'd want to know when the room was last deep cleaned and/or renovated!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the ABVI, Melbourne FL during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations. They are precious to us and we shall surely take them for improvement.

We are addressing your observations point by point for further improvement and you shall definitely see the difference during your next visit.

We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.