“Quality and Originality”

Ranked #6 of 492 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Great menu with great choices. Beautifully presented food. Everything from burgers and salads to duck panini. Very gluten free friendly. Great desserts. Attentive service. Nothing bad to say.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Seriously good food. If you are seeking a fun spot with nice atmosphere in the heart of downtown this is the spot. I had the fish taco's...which I seek the world to find a somebody that can make a decent damn fish taco. Lightly breaded and amazing and when i took a bite my chair broke in half. First time that has happened...i guess that is my signal to go on a diet. :)

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Attended a family dinner at The Nomad Cafe and since my nephew is vegan, not always easy to find a nice restaurant that can accommodate everyone.. this is what everyone reported.
the Beet steak was very well prepared and tasty, the shrimp and grits excellent a little spicy, the pork shank with red cabbage very good, the grouper also very good filet mignon with cauliflower cake also disappeared from their plates.. all in all everyone had a very nice evening our service was great the wine list ample enough to make everyone happy even some unusual beers. would definitely recommend and will be back!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Had an office lunch there. First time for anyone going.

Very small, quaint. Seated promptly. Very clean with good café atmosphere.

Very varied menu, lots of options. No one seemed disappointed. I had a Lamb Gyro and it was done very well.

Personal note: I have extreme dislike for places that advertise "Classic Caesar" but then use a bottled dressing. Theirs is made on site and uses anchovy and cottled egg.

Everyone would return.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

My wife and I loved our lunch at The Nomad Cafe. Both of us had the eggplant melt sandwich; I had a side salad, and she had the fries. We split a chocolate mousse for dessert. Everything was delicious, and the staff was friendly. We also appreciated the art-filled dining room decor.