“Interesting Specials”

Ranked #11 of 454 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Looking at the building when you pull into the parking lot leaves you with a "what kind of place is this?" look. But when you step inside this cute place and eat the food you will want to keep coming back. Their menu ranges from Mexican inexpensive to gourmet Greek and Italian. The wine choices are superb. If you have food allergies they can accommodate you with no problem I am a diabetic and have celiac and I have never left this place hungry. Nightly specials Lunch specials they have it all Remember to make reservations though!!

2  Thank centurygigi

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Finally got a chance to try The Nomad Café today. My husband and I have passed so many times remarking what good things we've heard about the Café and how much we'd like to dine there. Well, the stars finally aligned and we met for lunch today. Glad we did!

Since it was such a beautiful day we opted to dine outside on the deck. The tables were covered by umbrellas which made the experience quite comfortable. The tables themselves are rustic but that's part of the fun. I only stepped into the restaurant for a brief moment so I cannot give a detailed description of the décor. However, from what I caught a glimpse of it seemed quite nice.

The special luncheon menu choices were varied. Each include the entrée and a cup of soup. I ordered the eggplant melt and the lentil soup. The melt was served with a very pretty pasta/coleslaw salad. Both were extremely tasty and made from very fresh ingredients. Delicious. My husband ordered the steak salad and chicken and rice soup and was quite pleased with his choice. We both thought it was a fantastic value.

The service for lunchtime was remarkable. Although we were not on a time constraint it's nice to know that you can easily order, be served and enjoy your meal within the confines of a lunch hour.

We'll be back soon to sample some other menu items. Plus we noticed how nice it was to have a linen napkin at lunchtime.

Highly, highly recommended.

2  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We finally made the time to drive to Melbourne and experience this tiny jewel of a dining experience. Megan met us at the door and had the perfect table for the five of us. Unbelievably premier menus with many local products in cuisine. Wonderful meals for all of us. Sauces perfect compliments to main dishes, well thought out wine list, excellent service. Megan's culinary arts training, coupled with her personal attention to every detail ensures a marvelous experience. Enjoy!!

3  Thank Stan W
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I've been going here for two years and have yet to say anything but "this is delicious" every time I go. The service is great and you can tell the owners really appreciate your business. It's my favorite restaurant in town.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Wonderful meal as usual. Our friends first time at Nomads loved it. It is interesting that the two diners who did not like the Nomads were from Melbourne hmmm makes me wonder....