“Great and Price”

Ranked #8 of 481 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was hesitant about getting a Cuban Sandwich this far north of Miami but it was great. The food is well priced at under $10 for most items and beautifully organized. I was expecting it to be more of a coffee shop but its more sophisticated.

1  Thank theused72588

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had dinner at the Nomad Cafe on Saturday night. Not too crowded; only short wait. Very eclectic menu. Something for everyone. I had the seafood burrito with "drunken sauce" (made with Tequila!). It was very light with a pleasant taste. I really enjoyed it. The Spanish rice and pureed refried beans were underwhelming. Our waitress was very sweet, helpful and attentive. We ate outside and I think that was a poor decision on our part. It was very windy and the view from the patio is not pleasant. I looked at a parking lot and a busy US 1 intersection with lots of cars and noise the entire meal. I think I would eat inside next time. Not that thrilled, but might try it again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

After reading so many good things about this place I took my family there. We made reservations but ended up being the only one there when we pulled up. Once we placed our order two other groups came. I asked for lemonade and they said they were out since they fresh squeeze it. With that comment I was expecting really good food. The menu had a lot of options and all of them sounded good. My wife ordered the classic tacos and she said they were nasty. The meat was rubbery and the taco as a whole was cold. The tortillas were soggy. My food was the seafood enchiladas. The sauce they used was bland and the tortillas were off in flavor. My grandparents seemed to really enjoy their food. They picked the gyro and some sandwich. Maybe we went on a bad day. Service was quick and friendly. All in all it was ok but I won't be going back.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went for the first time last night and we loved everything served. Food was fresh, seasoned with professional excellence and sauced to perfection, service very good, great decor - don't be fooled by the outside. We made reservations and restaurant was full. What a great find in Melbourne - we will be back, many times I am sure!

1  Thank June M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first experience at trying this restaurant and we were both very pleased with the results. We tried the Drunken Fish and the Drunken Chicken and we were both enjoyed those dishes with its flavorful sauces. We would love to come back to try more items on the menu. Reservations are necessary because the place is small.

1  Thank k0naa