“WOW excellent for foodies”
Review of The Nomad Cafe

The Nomad Cafe
Ranked #7 of 492 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went for the first time last night and we loved everything served. Food was fresh, seasoned with professional excellence and sauced to perfection, service very good, great decor - don't be fooled by the outside. We made reservations and restaurant was full. What a great find in Melbourne - we will be back, many times I am sure!

1  Thank June M

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first experience at trying this restaurant and we were both very pleased with the results. We tried the Drunken Fish and the Drunken Chicken and we were both enjoyed those dishes with its flavorful sauces. We would love to come back to try more items on the menu. Reservations are necessary because the place is small.

1  Thank k0naa
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband took me (at my request) to the Nomad Café for my birthday. We had been there twice before. I think they have an eclectic assortment of entrees. I was hungry for their delicious chili relleno. My husband had one of their nightly specials. He selected house made asparagus pasta with a creamy Alfredo type sauce and a haddock fillet seared with tiger shrimp encrusted on top. Both were wonderful. We also had guacamole (house made) and a bowl of soup. The bowl of soup is $1 when you purchase a meal. I had red roasted creamy soup - wonderful. My husband had borscht - he said it was great.
The prices are reasonable and the service attentive. We have never had dessert as we are too full after our delicious meals.
I think this is one of the best restaurants in the Melbourne area.

1  Thank SadieFlorida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Seriously... It's huge and each component of the sandwhich is individually delicious. My wife also likes other things, though for me the reuben is what I've had first, and haven't tried anything else because it's just that good! Otherwise, the place is attractive, comfortable, and the service was fine... We dont go there too often, but also have never had a bad experience, either.

1  Thank Pealy
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very unusual menu with great homemade ingredients! Look at their website to read their menu. Good service, small place, so reservations are usually necessary.

1  Thank Laurie R