“An unexpected pleasure!”

Ranked #11 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I don't know what we were expecting but were very pleasantly surprised by eclectic choices and helpful, pleasant people. I had enchiladas and loved them. Great, spicy red sauce (not overpowering). There is so much to choose from and specials daily. It is not a large restaurant so has that cozy feel. It is also accessible and for that I was thankful! We WILL go back. You can find them on Face Book. Enjoy!

1  Thank mtngal1

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Melbourne is not a big city and really great food is uncommon. But there is a chef at this restaurant who knows what he is doing. We've been there several times and the dinners have been terrific.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Small but pleasant place, nicely varied menu, owners were very interested in our experience being a good one. Have gotten emails to let me know about special events being held.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my first time going and it was during lunch while in town for business. I went based on reviews, but was kind of disappointed. There is a seperate menu for dinner. The selection was ok. However, I'm on a diet where I am trying to avoid high sugar items and processed foods. If you want that, this is going to be hard to do at The Nomad Cafe. I ordered a burger with no bread, but the waitress didn't even ask me what I wanted on my burger. I could have had lettuce, pickles, etc. She never asked me how my meal was even though I sat at the bar...not once. I think I must have scared her, when I shot down some of her suggestions, like the fish tacos (processed corn tortilla). The burger was good, but I ended up with just a piece of meat and some avacodo. The burger would have come with a pasta salad and a substitute would have cost $3-$4 extra. I spent $11 for a piece of meat and small slices of avacado. It might be better with a different waitress. I might venture there again one day.

1  Thank Amber S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I dined here with my wife and a couple of friends - I had the giant 2lb steak - incredible, I was supposed to ask for a go bag but couldn't stop eating. You have to try this place - an amazingly extensive menu and something for every nationality!!!