“Amazing fish tacos!”

Ranked #11 of 445 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stopped at Nomad Cafe for lunch today based on reviews. Had a wonderful lunch of two delicious fish tacos with sides and a glass of sweet tea. Great value and fresh, tasty food. Would highly recommend. Can't wait to go back for dinner!

There are newer reviews for The Nomad Cafe

Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a wonderful surprise. Five of us enjoyed an incredible, relaxed dinner tonight. The menu is amazing and consists of dishes from a number of cuisines with a higher proportion of Mexican entrees. The atmosphere is casual but classy, service is excellent and the food is expertly prepared and tastefully served. The prices are reasonable and soup or salad can be added for one dollar. Besides a large menu, there are a number of daily specials. They also have different dessert creations each night. The wine and beer lists are long and intersting. We will become regulars if not to just enjoy their fabulously fresh guacamole!

3  Thank JackofPBFL
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have heard great things about this unassuming little cafe, and decided, why not give it a try? You walk in the front door, and BAM! Friendly, classy wait staff, white linens, ambience unindicative from the outside. International culture in Melbourne, Fl.? YES! The specials were on the board, and I already knew I was in for a treat. I looked around and everyone was just as happy to be there as me. All raving about their food or waiting in great anticipation for their order to come up....and btw, all brought to the table in a very timely manner. The presentation was equal to the meals...lovely. My husband and I decided to order all appetizers since all the dinner choices were too tempting and we couldn't choose just two. The waiter did not even wince at at choices. In fact he told us that was a great idea. Let's see, we ordered Spanakopita, Stuffed Cabbage, Hummus (their own version) and another dish I can't remember the name of. Each appetizer had a distinct original flare...and btw, the waiter brought out each one, one at a time. Perfect! It was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had and my husband agrees. I can't wait to go back , it was exquisitely delicious. Everything!

1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Was visiting for 1 night w/my husband before heading to a performance @ the Knight Center. Being from out of town, I looked @ all these reviews and took a chance. Had seen the outside of the place before but had doubts. What a great surprise. The ambience was nice, linen tablecloths, nice art on the walls, table candles, nice touches. Did their best in turning an old service station into a relaxing, romantic venue. Great location, right on US 1. Excellent service. I had a few questions on the specials and the waitress was very knowledgable. Wanted the special but was concerned it may be too spicy and the chef accommodated me. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and would DEFINITELY return again when in town. Only 20 mins from King Center. Nice way to break up the drive from Vero. Make sure you don't arrive too early as specials are served after 5 pm.

1  Thank bdludwig_12
Reviewed September 22, 2012

When I first visited the nomad, every thing was excellent. The food was superb, the atmosphere was delightful, and the service was phenomenal. I have been back there two more times, and all was still as fantastic as the first visit. It is always a treat to find a new place to eat good food. Diversity in the dishes that are served is wide, and the flavor is consistently good. Plate presentation is almost that of a five star restaurant. My opinion stands. The nomad restaurant has become a personal favorite of mine.