“Great little cafe”

The Bald Strawberry
Ranked #19 of 443 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: 100% Gluten Free Goodness! Gourmet waffle sandwiches and waffle pizzas! Desserts & treats too! Try something new, try something delicious!
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just finished lunch at this cute cozy little cafe and couldn't wait to share details about our experience. The vibe is really nice as soon as you walk in. We loved the painted details on the walls and the album playing soft background music from the stereo. Next time I may be brave enough to go pick out our lunch music myself! The menu is so full of interesting choices I was finding it hard to narrow myself down to just one. I ended up sharing with a friend so we could try two of the options we were both interested in. We had the veggie pizza which was awesome! The toppings were fresh and generously distributed atop a crisp and savory waffle. It was the perfect size for lunch and so easy to split since it is already in 4 sections. We also tried a delicious sandwich consisting of sweet potato, spinach, cashews and spicy black bean hummus between two waffles. Even better than the pizza! The flavors combined into the perfect sandwich and we enjoyed every bite. Healthy, delicious and so satisfying. The waitress was diligent in serving us without being intrusive. We were in and out in an hour and never felt rushed. The bakery (79 steps West in the same plaza) will be saved for another day as we needed to get back to work! I highly recommend the Bald Strawberry!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Cruisegirl L

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome sandwiches on waffles and bakery!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband got the Joe Cool sandwich. It was thick natural turkey with banana peppers and chipotle sandwiches between two very tasty waffles! Yum!

I had the Strawberry Fields salad that hit the spot with almonds coated in something wonderfully sweet.

Make sure you check out their bakery in the same strip mall.

By the way, everything at the Cafe is gluten free, and the bakery offers gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free desserts.

The girl working made me an awesome latte too! It wasn't even on the menu!

1 Thank RoosterandMo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The crispy gluten free waffles as the base for pizzas and bread replacement for sandwiches are worth the visit. All ingredients are fresh and organic. This restaurant does an excellent job of making flavors pop. We had the sundried tomato and garlic pizza and a sandwich with black bean hummus. Both were just the right size to be filling without making us feel overly stuffed. The waitress was knowledgable, friendly and took great care of us.

1 Thank Matt H
Melbourne, Florida
“Gluten Free and Vegan Options. I'm in Heaven!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My sister is gluten intolerant and I'm a vegan, so finding a restaurant to please us both can be a challenge, particularly in smaller towns. I happened to notice this place when it popped up on my Facebook page. I immediately 'liked' it and salivated over their photos for a few weeks before I had a chance to go experience it in person. We took my mom and dad and 12-year old son for a Father's Day lunch (a day early). The decor and atmosphere is good, the service was terrific and the food did not disappoint. Hallelujah, I think I've found my go-to place for lunch. I had the V-Club, veggies and spicy black hummus on waffle bread, I think my sister had the turkey sandwich and everyone else tried the pizza. My son loved his pizza and declared he wished it had less sauce and more waffle. We also tried the bakery several doors down. My mom, dad, son and sister adored their gluten-free treats. The vegan options weren't bad, but could be refined. All in all, I highly recommend both places!

2 Thank sseaton68
Seattle, Washington
“Gluten free Goodness”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is 100% gluten free. Not only are they a bakery but they offer pizzas and other goodies. The waffle pizza is quite tasty although a little expensive. They offer all types are baked good and generally give away free samples. If you go at the end of the night, you may also be given a few pieces of cake to takeway for free.

• Visited October 2013