“Gluten Free and Faaaantastic!!!!”

The Bald Strawberry
Ranked #24 of 451 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: 100% Gluten Free Goodness! Gourmet waffle sandwiches and waffle pizzas! Desserts & treats too! Try something new, try something delicious!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My favorite sandwich EVER is the "So Fresh"! They use gluten free waffles for the bread and it's delicious. Nothing like it in town and no way to describe it, so please give this place a try. My office is located down the street and it was an answer to prayer to have a gluten free bistro and bakery open up so close to our complex. Please get the word out to all of the folks with gluten allergies or Celiac because The Bald Strawberry has a great bakery, too, and their cakes are really, really good. We want to keep this place in business!

4  Thank Annette S

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Both the bakery and the cafe have excellent food! Waffle pizzas and sandwiches are unique and delicious, and the baked treats are great as well. I have never been disappointed here!

1  Thank kju001
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a waffel cafe, so almost everything is made with waffles. My husband and I share the Sweet Daydream and the Strawberry Haze. I wasn't sure how I would feel about a sandwich made on a waffle but I must say is was a wonderful treat. The waffles here are made just the right thickness for a sandwich and they are crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside. The Sweet Daydream was WONDERFUL, the combination of the sweet potato, black bean hummus, cashews, avocado & spinach was perfect. We had the Strawberry Haze as our dessert and it too was perfect. Wish they had one of these back home closer to us because it would be a favorite.

1  Thank PurpleLady2
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, great value, speedy, flexible store hours and delicious gluten free cake for my daughter's birthday party.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

A total gluten free café. Great bakery items, and sandwiches. You can also buy the flour mix, croutons and other items. The best carrot cake ever. My fav sandwich is the California Rueben made with real turkey not deli meat. It made seem unusual to make a sandwich with waffles but they are wonderful!!!! So glad this place opened up in my area!!

1  Thank centurygigi