“Fun adventure”
Review of Treetop Trek

Treetop Trek
Ranked #6 of 112 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience nature on a whole new level at Brevard Zoo's new outdoor aerial adventure! Fun for all ages, test your skills on one of three courses enjoying varying degrees of challenges and, of course, zip lines. For thrill seekers, we recommend Treetop Challenge. For nature lovers, enjoy the Canopy Walk, and Chutes and Ladders is great for the kids. Open daily at 9 a.m. Zoo admission not required to experience Treetop Trek.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Treetop Trek is an obstacle course up in the trees with zip lines interspersed throughout. You walk on planks and logs and a host of other challenges high above the zoo. There is one really long zip line that takes you over the water to an island where the course continues. This was my favorite part of the course. We went on a day in Feb when it was not too crowded and it took us about 2 1/2 hours to complete. I recommend this activity to everyone who is in decent shape (it's a real workout!).

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"obstacles"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We cannot say enough about this Treetop Trek! They have combined the zipping with dozens of obstacle challenges (yes, all up in the trees) which make this a super fun thing to do... if you are adventurous and do not mind heights! We've zipped in different states and countries, and put this course (as well as the Sanford, Florida course), right at the top for those in search of 3 hours of thrilling adventure!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

2 of my friends raved about this attraction and now that I've done it I can understand why. You should be in good physical shape to attempt this course and have no upper body impairments. You will need to be able to climb ladders and pull yourself short distances hand over hand. If you can't do these things this course is not for you. You are completely safe at all times and the instructors keep close watch on beginners so you have nothing to fear. I didn't mention the instructors will not let you proceed onto the course unless you are totally proficient with technique and they are very patient with old folks like myself who don't pick up skills very quickly. You will love flying about among the trees and looking at the surroundings as you go. Did I mention you are flying through a zoo and get to see quite a few animals on your trek? The cost of this attraction is so extremely reasonable; less than half of the cost for the zip line attractions located in Orlando. I was told by my friend that if you join the Brevard Zoo you have unlimited access to the zip line here (I have not verified this). If that is true you can bet I will be taking advantage of the membership as 4 zip line visits is the break even point.

1  Thank Lppinky
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was an amazing experience but wore me out...take a day to recover if you are not an active person.
My son and husband loved the experience and we will go back.
Our trip was during Spring Break...although the staff were friendly, the wait was roughly 4 hours due to the extremely large crowd of people that were there that day.