“Clean Hotel, Nice room”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The desk staff was efficient, polite and helpful. The room was well stocked, clean and comfortable. The person attending to the breakfast obviously was not happy with their job. Breakfast was the typical continental type. A lot of carbs, no real substance. I recommend not wasting time with the breakfast and look for a good area restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel was very clean, the staff was so nice and it was great to be able to bring our two cats without any up charge. We stayed longer than we originally planned on and they adjusted our bill for a lower weekly rate. They treated us very nicely. The only problem we had was with people in the next room smoking when they were not supposed to be on that floor. The management came in the next day and cleaned up the smell. Would recommend this hotel for value and great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We reserved a non-smoking room (I am allergic) two months before our trip. On arrival we were told that such reservations were not guaranteed and that all they had available was a non-smoking with two doubles or a smoking king room. So my only choice was to not sleep with my wife (we don't fit comfortably on a double). This is my vacation! They didn't offer to reduce the rate or do anything for the inconvenience. We chose to go to another hotel and pay a bit more to get what we had already reserved. It certainly wasn't the worst looking hotel but our experience was such that we will avoid this LaQuinta in the future (and we are LaQuinta Returns members!). I lost two hours to this non-reserved reservation. UGH!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MackW77
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel was located near the hospital, Viera Hospital, that my family member was in. That is the only reason I stayed there. It was a holiday weekend and it was difficult finding a hotel. The room reeked of cigarette smoke and pet urine(?)!! I asked to move to another room but was told none was available. The breakfast was barely edible. I heard people say that the fresh fruit bowl was spoiled. The only other fruit available were apples that were old and mushy! Then on my last night, the fire alarm went off. We stood outside for over 30 minutes. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank S D
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We love LaQuinta and stay there almost exclusively when traveling because of their pet policy. We have a small dog that travels with us and know that we don't have to call around asking because of their generous treatment of pets. My granddaughter works for the Crown Plaza and we could have stayed there at a huge discount but chose LaQuinta instead because of this issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I really don't understand how this place gets such a high rating. The first room they gave me smelled of mildew(301). I immediately asked for another room. They said they were booked solid but found another room on the first floor. This place is in desperate need of a make over. Dirty and rundown, carpets dirty and stained, tile dirty and tile grout filthy. Ceiling fan was filthy, not able to plug the micro wave & fridge in at the same time. Just a dump! This is my second time here and it was like this last time we were here. I won't be back!!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I were taking a vacation on our Harleys when we ran into a real bad late night storm, we were so glad to find this right off the exit. The staff could not have been more excellent. They brought us towels, bags for our every wet rain suits and made sure our bikes to have a safe place to park.Very great staff and nice place clean place to stay,

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple