“Convenient, but...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our trip back up the Florida coast. We were not looking for fancy, but we were looking for comfort. I purchased the room via a third party provider and imagine my surprise when I was told there were only smoking rooms left! I did not want to smell like smoke and I have asthma which makes me sensitive to the smoke. After pleading my case to the front desk guy (who was very nice) he offered me an ADA room with one double bed. To say the room was small is generous. The a/c kept cutting off and I heard hall noises throughout the night. Glad the hotel was pet friendly- but there were a LOT of dogs!
All in all, we got sleep and the room was clean. We also grabbed a good comfort meal at Cracker Barrel and went over to Starbucks in the morning. The location is very convenient to I-95. The staff were friendly, but the noise level and the smoking would prevent me from ever returning to this location.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank NCbywayofAL

A La Quinta traveler
Palm Bay, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 24, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My hubby and I were attending an event at Wickham Park over a weekend. So, we stayed at the LaQuinta, which is an easy drive to the park. The hotel is located right next to I-95 which is very convenient for traveling, and it's located near lots of stores, and there's a Burger King and a Cracker Barrel right next door - again, very convenient. The hotel is nice in that it's inside access to rooms via elevator in the lobby. The front desk clerks in the evening and morning were very friendly, professional, and helpful - which goes a long way in itself. We had a room on the top (4th) floor. The window in our room was open when we arrived, so we closed it to allow the A/C to cool the room down - which it did very well. The room was clean and was very spacious - which was a nice surprise (it was a King with a sofa), although I got the sofa room so we could watch TV without having to lay in bed, but the sofa was not situated very good for TV watching. There is a big desk in the room with several comfortable chairs - which we pulled up to sit in instead of the sofa (if I'd known this, I would have skipped the sofa room which was a few dollars more). We only stayed one night, and it was great. The only drawbacks were some loud neighbors we had on our floor (hollering, loud music here & there, and slamming doors), but they quieted down before it got late, so not a big deal. Also, there was literally only one small garbage can for the entire room & bathroom, I would have rather had 2, but again, no big deal. For the price, it was just right. We didn't stick around for the breakfast they offered, but I did grab a cup of coffee to go, so I took a look around at the breakfast area, which looked nice. It offered cereals, bagels, muffins, coffee, hard boiled eggs, and a waffle maker to make your own waffles. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

On this trip we stayed in a couple of La Quinta Inns one aspect of these two stays was the same they were forgettable. Nothing was wrong but nothing stood out to make you remember the place. The cost was probably average to a bit high for the area.($89) It was definitely Ok and I would consider a stay there again but it also would probably not be remembered some time in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

i stayed here with my boyfriend just to relax and shop and get out of everything ordinary. Breakfast is good, everyone greets you with a smile and the room was more big than i expected. We found an used towel from a guest before us under the bed. They don't change the sheets only make the bed, I don't know if they change the pillows. About the bathroom it was really good and clean. It's great to stay a couple of days. I felt that my belongings were secured.

It haves a Starbucks's and gas station in front, a cracker barrel on the side and Walmart and target. Excellent location!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple