“Wonderful Sunset Birthday Cruise!”

At the Helm Sailing Charters
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sailing Charters And Sailing Lessons On The Indian River, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Melbourne Beach, Vero Beach, Sebastian, Ft Pierce, Brevard County.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We took at three hour sunset cruise with Captain Mickey this weekend and it couldn't have been a nicer experience. I found him through an internet search for sailing charters when looking for this as a gift for my boyfriend. I contacted him a few weeks before the sail and he was very pleasant and helpful with the planning of this experience. When the day came to cruise, he was all prepped and ready for as at the dock when we arrived. He helped us load our items on board his beautifully maintained 32' Catalina yacht and made us feel right at home. As we set sail he shared his knowledge of the local points of interest on the water and surrounding areas, including the iconic Dragon Point, and kept a watchful eye for porpoises and manatees. Even though we brought our own light dinner and drinks, he does have beverages he will provide, as well as a cooler. There is also a head on board. As some other reviewers have said, Captain Mickey has such a calm and pleasant demeanor that you feel like you are sailing with an old friend. I would highly recommend him and this experience.

There are newer reviews for At the Helm Sailing Charters

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I never went sailing before but once my friend came into town, I finally had someone to accompany on this great adventure! I planned a sunset cruise with dinner with Mickey a month before the sailing date and he helped me plan out everything. I greatly appreciated this help and all of the responses he had to my questions. When the day came to set sail, Captain Mickey was kind enough to pick up my dinner from a market down the street and had silverware and plates all ready for us when we arrived. The weather wasn't particularly perfect for a sunset cruise since it was raining all day, but luckily when it was time to sail off, the skies cleared up and we had an amazing time. Mickey was great company and even let us take over the steering which was a great experience. We didn't end up seeing a sunset due to cloudy skies, but that didn't stop our fun. I'm very happy to have my first sailing experience with Captain Mickey and I highly recommend him if you're looking for a great time out on the river.

2  Thank x3_apple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I got to meet Michael a few years ago, and he took me on his sailboat a couple of times. His boat is impeccably clean and he has a very gentle and quiet demeanor. He will even let you at the helm to get a good feel for sailing.

1  Thank 321AreaFemale
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Five of us senior citizens (age 70 to 84) went out with Captain Mickey on Nauti Clew and had a blast! Temperature was in the 70's on a breezy day. Captain Mickey handled the sails and he let two of us take the helm all afternoon. Two of our friends from the UK had never been on a sailboat before, and they really enjoyed. Captain is friendly and competent and the boat is clean and comfortable. I highly recommend Captain Mickey and At The Helm Sailing charters to anyone who wants a little adventure in Florida style! King

1  Thank HarryKingElliott
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a wonderful afternoon of sailing. It was my first sailing adventure and it had been many years since my husband and best friend have been sailing. Capt. Mickey allowed them to assist with raising and lowering the sails and take turns at the helm. I highly recommend using At The Helm Sailing Charters to anyone who wants a great experience sailing. We will definitely go again.

2  Thank Linda B