“Always a delightful seafood meal!”

Shells Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 443 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a delightful seafood meal!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Recently had dinner at Shell's with my husband and in-laws. It was our fourth time dining at Shell's. The service has consistently been great and the seafood is fresh and well-prepared. We will definitely eat at Shell's on our next trip to Melbourne!

• Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Casual dining”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We found this restaurant as we were driving by. Decor was a fun beachy/fishy theme. Our server was friendly and informative. We chose meals from the catch of the day board. The food was tasty and the portion size was good. Prices were reasonable for a casual restaurant. We happened to be there on the night they were serving a free sampler-sized dessert. It was coconut fritters sprinkled with powdered sugar, accompanied by whipped cream and strawberry sauce--a delicious finishing touch to our meals.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank where2nxtpj
Alpena, Michigan
“Never disapointed..”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We always stop here when we make our yearly trek to Florida and again, we were not disappointed. Our servers recommendations were spot on and we had another enjoyable meal.
Only thing we were disappointed in was that our server told us that only 2 Shell's restaurants remain in Florida, down from approx. 30 restaurants. However, this restaurant is carrying on the tradition of great seafood and we will continue to eat here.

• Visited January 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent casual dining”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here last night. Very reasonable cost for nice portions and yummy food. Even their house wine was good. We were able to get the happy hour prices on the wine. I had very meaty crab cakes and by showing our hotel key we received two world famous clam chowder. I recommend. Oh and our waitress so incredibly nice. Made recommendations that were right on.

Visited January 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“Great food! Excellent value!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Decided to go to Shells after a movie. We haven't been there in a while, and we forgot how good the food was. We were promptly seated, and the waiter (Mike) was there in seconds getting our drink order. Mike noticed I was wearing a craft beer shirt, and when I asked about the beer, he immediately skipped over the "bud, bud lite" song and went directly to their craft beer selection. They don't have much in the craft beer selection, but Mike knew I didn't want to hear about the domestic lagers.

The special was Lemon Caper Hogfish... I don't normally see hogfish in restaurants... I have to catch those myself... but... It was available, so both my wife and I had it. It was delicious... it was not overcooked (like a lot of restaurants do)... it was perfect. Reasonably priced, too.

Shells is a family style restaurant with booths and tables. It's clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly. I'll definitely go back again.

• Visited January 2014