“Chicken good..crab not so much”
Review of Concepts on Highland - CLOSED

Concepts on Highland
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We'll try one more time. We stopped for lunch today for the first time. There was one other couple finishing their desserts which looked interesting. My wife tried the chicken sandwich and I opted for a crab cake sandwich. Initially they were out of unsweet tea? Then some appeared! Ok. Our sandwiches arrived and they were attractively served, but the waiter was annoyed when I asked for salt and pepper...I did not need them after all as the fries were seasoned perfectly.

My wife really liked her sandwich, but my crab cake had almost no flavor, no crab pieces were apparent and it had a great deal of what I guess to be bread crumbs. I was underwhelmed.

Despite not being crowded there were a couple of tables that needed bussing.

We will try again in the evening.

There are newer reviews for Concepts on Highland

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My friend & I had a wonderful time dining here on 7/27/12. This is a beautiful place located in a old bank, the decor is very romantic. It was so nice out we chose to eat outside. I had the Seared Atlantic Salmon served on a bed of fresh spinach & rice, it was outstanding, slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside cooked to perfection! My friend had the Chicken w/ tropical fresh fruit salsa served on Gran's special potatoes & fresh asperagus also outstanding! Had the wonder opportunity to chat w/ Chef Gran and his lovely wife at the end of the evening, very nice people! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We both orfdered and enjoyed the chicken wraps with fresh fruit and found them to be excellent. We had a very good white French wine that added to our lunceon enhoyment. We met the chef and he stated that his plan is to use fresh local ingredients always. The selection of the ingredients is reflected in the perfect dishes served.

We'll be back for dinner.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This small intimate restaurant is tucked away on the corner of Highland Avenue and Eau Gallie Causeway. My husband had the Saturday brunch eggs benedict; I had an organic greens salad with grilled shrimp. The dinner menu looked very inviting. The presentation was outstanding. The chef introduced himself personally to see if we were satisfied. Locally owned. Call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Concepts is in the "mainland" part of Eau Gallie, in the original town bank, a fine, solid, airy building which makes an interesting setting for the restaurant. We had an excellent dinner - it doesn't follow the strong seafood theme of many Florida coast restaurants, but was beautifully prepared and mouthwatering. The service was warmly friendly and attentive when needed, but not intrusive. Portions were generous for our middle-aged taste - if you go for a starter (and there are some interesting looking items on the menu) you might find dessert too much of a challenge - and the desserts were excellent. It's not the cheapest in the neighbourhood (we spent $67 for two people, two courses, with glasses of wine rather than a bottle) but very good value.