“New Name - Same Great Food”
Review of Brio Italiano - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Now called Michaeletti's -- upscale Italian food and supurb team behind the bar. Takes reservations even on the Street Fest nights. Located in heart of Old Melbourne's New Haven Blvd which has many restaurants, bars, clubs and live theater in two venues.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Consistently excellent food and service. Restaurant is clean and sharp-looking, even down to the restrooms. Servers genuinely seem to care that you are there to dine with them, making certain the look and taste of the food is to your liking. Drink refills are provided in a timely fashion - I never once saw the bottom of my glass.

On rare occasions there have been small issues, such as an incorrect order, but these were immediately addressed and corrected by staff with apologies.

Making diners feel welcome is one of the best ways to ensure repeat business, and why I have returned to them many times since they opened.

An authentic Italian restaurant truly worth your time.

2  Thank JackBoone2K
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped by on a Friday night and were very pleased. We were immediately seated at a booth with a window. Appetizers and wine were brought to our table immediately. The service was outstanding and the food was good and they had a saxophone player making it a romantic evening.

1  Thank prof002
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had dinner at Brio's now actually named something else according to their menu (can't remember what). A small restaurant with a nice ambiance (other than the tv tuned
to a sports channel). They have a nice restaurant if only the serivce and food were up to par. We had to repeated ask to have our water glasses refilled. After mentioning to the waiter when he brought my entree that I needed a fork (having used the 2 provided for
my appitiizer and salad) after 5 minutes was forced to borrow one from my dining companion who still had a spare one left. The service the entire evening was incredibly slow. As for the food my Caprese salad was very nice but my entree was a disaster. The evening special of a filet with port reduction served with parmesan risotto and grilled vegies was my entree and my companion had the veal marsala. My plate had a hugh portion of risotto that was totally flavorless other and an overwhelming greasy olive oil taste (no salt, pepper or parmesan had been near the risotto) and grilled vegies were also doused in more olive oil so the plate was floating in oil. I will say the steak was a lovely piece of beef that was well prepared. My companion's veal marsala was not particularly tender and according to her had no marsala wine taste to the sauce. I did complain to our waiter about my oily plate and tasteless risotto but I'm not sure he mentioned it to the kitchen. After finishing our entrees we had to wait about 20 minutes to be offered deserts and then it took another 15 minutes to actually get the chocolate cheesecake (which was actually quite good).

I would go back something for lunch possibly as they had some nice salads listed on the menu but I would never go back for dinner again - they don't seem to have a handle on
service. If one is going to charge premium prices then one should provide premium service.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stopped in for Valentine's Day and ordered off of their special menu they had that night. First off, we had to ask another server to bring us our bread because our server never came back after we were seated. My Wife ordered the chicken marsala, which was OK, not that great. The risotto that came with the meal was downright terrible! However, my seafood special dish in red sauce was great. Granted it was busy, but our service was terrible. Our server hardly came back to check on us at all. When my Wife told him the risotto was dry, starchy, and terrible, he argued with her and said no one else complained about it. Funny, because the table next to us, and behind us send back multiple dishes. With no appetizer, the two entree's, and two bottles of their cheapest red wine, our bill was about $110. I would say skip this restaurant during busy times. Perhaps the service and food would be better on a slow night if you came early. We are not going back, there are much better choices like Pistilli's or Melo's beachside.