“"Great ride and Guide"”

Camp Holly Fishing & Airboats
Ranked #5 of 17 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Take an airboat ride and escape to nature! Enjoy fresh air and the wildlife in its natural habitat, while skimming the surface of the St. Johns in one of our airboats. Camp Holly has been providing courteous, professional services in the way of hunting and fishing since 1923.Theres a number of activities to choose from at Camp Holly. Eco tours are available in the afternoons, live music on the weekends, and you can always stop by for a night ride. Jump in your car and drop by the camp and spend a little time in a very relaxing atmosphere.
Arvada, Colorado
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“"Great ride and Guide"”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We throughly enjoyed our airboat ride. We were able to see many gators and the guide (I can't recall his name) was fabulous! He entertained us with a story each time we stopped. I recommend this place to my family and friends!

Jackson, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful boat ride”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my family , party of 9 went on this airboat ride, a lot of beautiful views from the water, and the ride cooled us down with a little water splashes here and there with the wind, we didn't see many gators on the ride due to it being hot in the day, advise you to go when its not so hot in the day, morning or later in the day, there were a bunch of gators at the bridge cooling down though, you can see them from the parking lot, pretty nice trip

2 Thank thudson84
Rich Hill, MO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Service with a smile!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We started off our vacation with a trip to Camp Holly. Since we are from Missouri, our children don't get to experience alligators and were excited to possibly get to see one up close. We got there later in the afternoon and they had sold out their last trip of the day, but the gentleman operating the boat agreed to take us on a ride anyway! We got to see many alligators and make memories that would last a lifetime!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Expensive boat ride with not a lot to see....”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We paid for an airboat ride at 845am, and with no other customers and all of the boats at the dock, we didn't even get on the boat until 10. I'm not sure what the holdup was, but there wasn't much in the gift shop and we were pretty bored. I wondered whether or not they were just waiting for us to buy something because after we bought drinks because it was incredibly hot, our captain appeared. :(. Then, on our ride, we went incredibly slow on the edge of open water, not really taking cool trails like you would expect with an airboat. It was something you could have seen in any boat, and probably would have seen more in another boat... The noise scared away all wildlife. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're not from Florida and would be exstatic just to ride on a boat outdoors.

4 Thank Goodsong100
florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“better than everglades airboat tours”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I have been to an airboat tour in the Everglades once but when we did Camp Holly's airboat tour, we were impressed and had so much fun! I loved that they drove the airboat at full throttle sometimes turning this way and that and making "close to roller coaster" like swerves and U-turns. It made the Everglades tour boring in comparison.
Also, being a local resident, we've brought in several guests from out of town many times to this attraction. Out of the 5 times we've been there, the only time we saw more than a dozen alligators was when we went in March of last year. Some reviewers complain that they didn't see any alligators or that they saw only one or two. It's the wildlife out there. They don't sit pretty on the riverbanks waiting for you to take their picture. That's the beauty of nature, some times you can see them, sometimes you don't. If you want to see dozens of alligators, go to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm (that is a pretty cool place too) where you see not just gators but crocs and other animals.
But even without seeing lots of gators, the experience of riding in a speeding airboat itself is something else and being out there in the St John's River. Our last guests that we recently brought, my brother and sis in law and my parents had so much fun! They saw a bigger gator grab and eat a smaller one (I missed this one, it was too fast, the only thing I saw was a splash and a piece of gator flesh floating). I also found their rates not too expensive for a 45-60 mins tour. They also had a photographer (something which they didn't have the last time we went there) who can take your group picture, action shots while on the boat or while holding a baby gator. So if you want to do something Florida style, try going on an airboat at Camp Holly.

Visited May 2013