“needs updating”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

food and service, very good, but a bit pricey. the decor a big thumbs down. great steak and sides, also the wait staff very knowledgeable

Reviewed June 20, 2013

A bar up front appears to be blocking actual restaurant business. Attempting to get service at that bar is nearly impossible. Staff made us feel as though we were interrupting something more important than serving customers. Overpriced, mediocre food. Forget about getting drink refills. Save your time and money for a real steakhouse - one that isn't a bar with delusions of grandeur.

1  Thank JackBoone2K
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Its funny to get a review of a steak n bar kinda place from a vegetarian and non-drinker, but lets get that through for a different perspective. Both Nomand cafe n Zushi Asia which I find are bitta veggie-friendly are apparently closed on Monday. This restaurant just opposite Zushi asia has this welcoming li'l open sign. The firehouse is a steak place, so no worries if not too many veggie options. The server was quick to suggest pasta or ravioli as their veggie options. I had a pasta with red sauce. (white sauce is cheese, red one has tomato). It was ok, not so tasty as olive garden (had to add bitta salt to adapt it to my taste).

Reviewed May 7, 2013

There are many good restaurants in Melbourne and I don't know if this was on off night, but I did not really enjoy myself here. The food was okay, but they stuck me in the back away from everything and pretty much forgot me.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here together for several years. Always very consistently great food. Great service. Must admit we always Dir at the Chefs table which I highly recommend Overall a great place downtown