“Leftover potatoes?”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We had dinner several weeks ago and while the service and food were good we were shocked that this caliber of restaurant used LEFTOVER baked potatoes to make their potatoes au gratin! Come on... any decent chef would not use leftover potatoes for a fresh potato dish. What are we talking... a few cents for a potato... you don't need to use leftovers. When they put the dish down in front of me I was was already suspicious with the dark brown look but one taste told me it was old leftover baked potatoes used to make it. Any chef worth his salt would not do that!

3  Thank BonnieS9391
There are newer reviews for Firehouse Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've only been there once, but the jalapeño burger I had was awesome and not too pricey. Staff was cool and place had plenty of open seating for a business lunch. I'll go back if I'm in the area again.

1  Thank XianFL
Reviewed May 20, 2012

As others have said, this is an expensive restaurant. But, I feel it was worth it. I would recommend sitting at the Chef's table, Jeff is the chef and adds to the atmosphere. We were there for a special family birthday and the chef served our meal family style. Would definitely go back for special occasion. Good, aged beef.

3  Thank flsurfer
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Wow, oh wow were our meals amazing. My husband and his besy friend had the Rib eye with the most amazing au gratin potatoes!!!the side of asparagus rocked too! I had the special of cast iron cooked sirloin with sweet potato mash, carrots and squash with a garnish of mango salsa and fritte vidalia onion strings. Not to mention the chocolate lava cake for dessert. Marshall, our server, was attentive and polite and really made the evening enjoyable!

1  Thank lalung
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Well, the actual quality of meat was tip-top for our group of eight who mostly dined on filets and porterhouses, but the service, setting and overall experience was quite a disappointment. First, we clearly ordered from the small Wine List a bottle of Merlot with four glasses but received two glasses of house Zinfandel and the hilarious question "are you sure?" from our waiter which set the tone that this would be an interesting night. We watched two other tables (of four and two) be seated and immediately received bread and butter by another wait staff before someone in our group spoke up and asked about ours. ONE small basket (for eight people) contained a small loaf cut into SIX slices and everyone just laughed it off as two people in the group are currently on 'bread free diets". Those two other tables completed their meals and were on coffee by the time we received our entrees. The appetizers were mediocre, tasteless and the portions were as small as the side dishes that have to be ordered separately. *DO NOT order the Ahi or the strange presentation of Ceviche if you are a connoisseur of either. The onion soup was very nice though. We asked for some air circulation after an hour as the stuffiness took over in the back corner - down the hall from the bar and bathrooms. The eight dollar key lime pie wasn't even close to the quality of our local market that produces more of a taste in masses. We are all professionals, quiet and comfortable dining in many settings locally and abroad having patience without drama. **The automatically added 20% gratuity for our pricey meals kept us laughing for days as we sort of figured out the waiter was either on something green or just didn't enjoy serving our kind. Because it was a quiet birthday celebration, our hosts were equally joyful of the gathering and embarrassed at the same time. Our clear and direct suggestion if you are considering this establishment, AVOID any formal query and just sit at the bar for a steak. Yum.

3  Thank RiverRay