“Lamb Chops Undercooked 2X!!!”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Ranked #120 of 451 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: World class Chinese cuisine and sushi located in the Melbourne Square Mall. For elegant Chinese cuisine, look no further than Red Ginger.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

On the positive, the Sushi was excellent and the service was very good. The atmosphere was nice, on the yuppy side. On the negative, our appetizer was served and no sooner did we each take a bite, our dinner arrived. I ordered the shrimp, lobster, scallop, and krabmeat (yes, spelled incorrectly because that is how it is spelled as it is imitation crab) with vegies. It was mediocre at best. I've had better from a Chinese to-go restaurant. My husbands lamb chops were raw...this is a $29 plate. In 20 years I've never seen him return a plate, but he did. He asked that they be cooked to a medium temperature how he had ordered them. One was cooked to order, but the others were again raw when it was given back to him. The manager was very nice and came to the table to talk with us. He gave us a bowl of ice cream and took the lamb chops off the menu. What a disappointment. First and last for us for this restaurant!

4  Thank LeisaTodd
redgingers2012, General Manager at Red Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts. We do appreciate your in put and take every opinion as an opportunity to learn and grow.

Jeff Napier

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went to Red Ginger at about 3:30 because when we called the person answering the phone said they get real busy on Thursdays. The happy state any 3 sushi rolls for $15 bucks it sounded too good to be true and it was. The bartender gave us a special menu for the sushi. it had about 15 rolls on it. We tried 3 that the bartender recommended. Let me tell you the rolls were the worst that I have ever had the grocery store sushi is better.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is not Chinatown in NYC or San Fran, but very respectable for a small town in Florida. A wide range of more American oriented Chinese food, but some very good authentic dishes and noodles. The crispy whole red snapper was some of the best we ever had. Everything is well prepared, presented and delicious.

They also have a decent range of sushi and sashimi that is quite good. Staff is quick and attentive. Generally not super outgoing and overly friendly, but very accommodating and efficient.

2  Thank TimZap

Thank you so very much! Your words are encouraging and appreciated.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I visited the Red Ginger with my two children. The food was great. The service was not the worst, no major problems were encountered, but the manager and main server were not friendly. Both appeared depressed and unhappy that we were present. Our actions and mannerisms displayed the high values that we live by and we did not deserve that type of service. I will not go there again. I called the manager to report the service. He asked me for the name of my server, as though the server was at fault. I said unfortunately you weren't that friendly either. He did not do anything to resolve the situation. He just told me to call in the morning to speak with the general manager.

3  Thank Mariposa2007

I am disappointed that you had the experience you did. I will tell you we have made changes in response to this review to insure that this never happens again. We have made changes in staff and management. I apologize and hope you will consider us again.

Jeff Napier

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I went there for a quick lunch. We were curious about the place since we had eaten at the Wickham Rd location. I have to say that the decor is beautiful, not cheesy. The food was good. We chose something from the lunch menu. I had the chicken with yam hot pot and my husband had lemon chicken. Both came with choice of two sides. We had fried rice and egg roll. We weren't very adventurous for lunch, we'll save that for another visit at dinner time. But the food was tasty and we were pleased with it. Both meals cost $9.95 each. A bit more perhaps than other Chinese restaurants but not exorbitant. We will definitely be coming back to see how dinner meals fare.