“expensive”

Red Ginger
Ranked #125 of 438 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: World class Chinese cuisine and sushi located in the Melbourne Square Mall. For elegant Chinese cuisine, look no further than Red Ginger.
“expensive”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have had better Chinese food at a dive take out spot. The food is avg and very expensive. although I have found it tough to find good Chinese food here the little take out place by my house is still the best and alot cheaper

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kulig98

Melbourne, Florida
“Great time at RedGinger”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Red Ginger. The food and the service was excellent! I had the Chilean Sea Bass in a sweet miso sauce; the presentation was beautiful and tasted go good. My husband had the Pan Seared Orange Beef; he loved it, in fact he wanted to go back a week later. We are looking forward to the new location opening at the Melbourne Square Mall in September. With the new location we will be much closer and wont have to drive all of the way to Suntree.

• Visited September 2013
redgingers2012, General Manager at Red Ginger, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for the great words! It is so good to hear that we are making people happy with our efforts.
Your praise certainly is appreciated. So often weforget to say "Thank You" and "It is our pleasure!"when it really is our pleasure.

Thank you again.

Jeff Napier
Red Ginger Melbourne Square Mall
Melbourne, Florida
“One of the few nice Chinese Restaurants in area”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very nice dining atmosphere with excellent service. They will accommodate any personal requests for individual tastes. They even strained the peas out of my lobster sauce. Color me impressed.
This was second visit with a group of 12-14. There are several private rooms to accommodate groups. Service was wonderful. All the food arrived together, and as ordered. Early Bird dinners are great value with a good choice..Most of the prices are reasonable and there is lunch service as well.
Delicious egg drop soup, fried rice, egg rolls. I had the shrimp in lobster sauce. Shrimps were large and cooked to perfection. Sauce was a little thin for me, although server offered to thicken it up. I'll just remember to ask next time. Everyone was happy with their meals...lots of to-go boxes as well.
Red Ginger will be opening another restaurant in the Myrtle Square Mall very soon which will be much closer for us.. Hope it's as good. We'll be looking forward to checking out the lunches and sushi.

1 Thank travelbound3
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Just average food. Expensive.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We got take out from here while visiting my in laws in Melbourne. We thought the food was ok but my beef and broccoli lacked flavor and the sauce was thin. The fried rice had a good taste, but it was dry. The won ton soup was tasty but a bit too greasy. At $12.95 for a dinner combination I thought this was a bit expensive.

1 Thank justcrusin
Melbourne, Florida
“Sushi is Excellent - Good Specialty Menu”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are definitely regulars here and stop by at least once or twice per month. The staff is incredibly friendly. Their salmon and yellow fin tuna sushi are perfect -- clean and fresh. We like our food on the spicy side. I love the Spicy Lovers Beef. It's HOT sliced beef in a brown spicy sauce with shredded veggies. They garnish with a bit of cilantro which gives it a cool finish to the palette. The Jalapeño chicken is also very good. They have the usual chinese menu items: lo mien, basic stir fries, etc. Can be a little pricey for chinese food but they do run coupons in the Florida Today Wednesday and Friday Style sections.

1 Thank DeborahFL