“Just average food. Expensive.”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Ranked #94 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: World class Chinese cuisine and sushi located in the Melbourne Square Mall. For elegant Chinese cuisine, look no further than Red Ginger.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We got take out from here while visiting my in laws in Melbourne. We thought the food was ok but my beef and broccoli lacked flavor and the sauce was thin. The fried rice had a good taste, but it was dry. The won ton soup was tasty but a bit too greasy. At $12.95 for a dinner combination I thought this was a bit expensive.

1  Thank justcrusin

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are definitely regulars here and stop by at least once or twice per month. The staff is incredibly friendly. Their salmon and yellow fin tuna sushi are perfect -- clean and fresh. We like our food on the spicy side. I love the Spicy Lovers Beef. It's HOT sliced beef in a brown spicy sauce with shredded veggies. They garnish with a bit of cilantro which gives it a cool finish to the palette. The Jalapeño chicken is also very good. They have the usual chinese menu items: lo mien, basic stir fries, etc. Can be a little pricey for chinese food but they do run coupons in the Florida Today Wednesday and Friday Style sections.

1  Thank DeborahFL
Reviewed July 4, 2013

All I can say is meh... I was looking for some great Chinese food. This wasn't it. I ordered the sesame chicken meal, which comes with soup, fried rice and two egg rolls and two shrimp spring rolls. I opened the bag when I got home and what I got was 2 egg rolls, white rice and sesame chicken. The price tag was $18.50, quite hefty. The food was quite bland. No distinct flavors jumped out. The chicken was dry and tasted like frozen chicken nuggets drenched in a watery sesame sauce.

My search for good Chinese food will continue.

1  Thank Alexandra G
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First the negatives. My son chose this place for his graduation from Florida Tech. I expected the atmosphere to be more upscale and relaxing. However, it was a little dark, at least in the area where my family and I were seated. Positives--the food was very tasty, especially the salt and pepper calamari. The menu had a unique twist. Would return to try another dish.

2  Thank latkwat13
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Found this place from google may on my way back from orlando. It's really a great experience. Both of us are spicy lovers. their new style orange beef and jalapeon chicken are just excellent!!!

2  Thank Hasitle S