“Fantastic. Authentic. ”

El Ambia Cubano
Ranked #10 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant, with a history, excellent Cuban food and ambiance.
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

The food is true authentic Cuban Cuisine! Billy ' s mojitos ...the best!!!! Delicious food in a wonderful environment. This Cuban recommends and approves!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I've lived in the area for over 15 years now and never been to El Ambia. I heard about it there other day from a friend so I had to check it out. This little place is tucked in the corner down by the river on the outskirts of downtown Melbourne. But once you find it, you will remember how to get here forever. My server Billy was awesome and suggested the fresh snapper that was just brought in. It was sautéed with onions and fresh cilantro. It was absolutely delicious. I had some yellow rice and black beans with it. Finished the meal down with a perfectly sweetened cafecito. It was a terrific meal and I now have a new favorite spot to eat at in the area. I definitely will be back and suggest it to anyone that likes terrific food at a decent price and great friendly service.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I went here for a quick lunch. The restaurant was pleasant and clean. The service was very good. The waiter and hostess were very attentive and gave knowledgeable recommendations. I had snapper with yellow rice, black beans and fried green plantains. The fish was incredible and the black beans were delicious. The yellow rice needs some work. I would recommend this place. I am not sorry i went there.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

When we decided to come to the area to visit out son, I asked my wife to find a place for us to eat that had authentic Cuban food. This is the place she found after searching online. The recommendations were justified.

The food and atmosphere were fantastic. We were greeted by a friendly waiter, seated quickly and given the specials of the day. Everything was perfect; the time he gave us to decide on our meals, asking if everything was okay, the food and the atmosphere. We are northern folks(PA) and not overly adventurous when it comes to food, but here, my wife and I found something that both of us really liked. I had the red-snapper dish that the waiter recommended and my wife had the "Cuban" sandwich. The portions were just the right size. The snapper was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My wife's Cuban sandwich was very good as well. Although she ordered it without the mayo/mustard/pickle which I would have preferred.

We went here for lunch. Check their hours if you are going because I think they close for a little bit in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. You don't want to miss it.

Great job El Ambia Cubano!!

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Really great food. Met owner and heard his story of getting to USA. Fantastic find. Will remember this dinner.