“Best Cuban Food EVER, and Billie is the KING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Ambia Cubano

El Ambia Cubano
Ranked #6 of 431 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family restaurant, with a history, excellent Cuban food and ambiance.
Poolesville MD
“Best Cuban Food EVER, and Billie is the KING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family is from Panama so I grew up on latin food. My wife and I came to Melbourne to go to Washington Nationals spring training. We happen to see El Ambia on Trip Advisor whne we were looking for Cuban Food. Well, when you first pull up you think how can a place that looks like this have great food. Well, they don't they have FANTASTIC FOOD!!! WOW! Home made, specials and the enviorment is wonderful. THen there is Billie the King of Mojitos. Not can he make a kick### Mojito, but you can see he takes real proud in the food and the restaurant. I advise everyone to eat here. In fact my wife and I may just drive down from D.C. to eat there again.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Secret gem of Cuban food and atmosphere so far north of Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We ate the snapper with yellow rice and tostones. The fish was great, the rice was spot on, and the tostones were good ( I am Cuban, I should know). The beer was cold and the bread was very delicious.

The owner was told we were Cuban and got excited and asked us to try the pork - de rigour for a Cuban restaurant. It was out of this world! He is quite a person with a story of Cuba worth hearing.

This place is worth getting off I-95 and driving to. It is a little piece of Cuba in Melbourne.

Portland, Maine
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was our second visit. The mojito was as good as we remembered - try the citrus mojito and you won't be disappointed. We were lucky enough to be there for the live music which combined with good food, drinks and friends, made for a great night.

Melbourne, Florida
“Miami in Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I lived in South Florida for many years and missed having my weekly Cuban fix. El Ambia has filled the void. The food is authentic as well as the atmosphere. Best black beans north of Hialeah; good ropa vieja, lechon and masas as well. This is not a face paced restaurant so sit, relax, share some yucca relleno and enjoy. if you have a chance to go on a weekend night, you will also be treated to some great live music. My only wish is that they had mariquitas (hint, hint).

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Florida
“More miss than hit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We really wanted to like El Ambia. Just too many things went wrong with our meal to give more than an average review. The yucca appetizer was very good as was the Masas pork. Two in our party ordered the mahi special of the day. Unfortunately, the mahi was noticeably fishy. I eat a lot of mahi and fish of all kinds. This mahi was clearly past its prime and should never have left the kitchen. To make matters worse, our waiter doubled as bartender/mojito maker and disappeared for long periods. Had to ask another waitress to find our waiter so we could get the check. He apologized and said he was in the back making mojitos. He took one mahi special off the check but also commented that he was only the waiter not the cook. Won't be returning.

• Visited February 2014