“Like Old Habano”

El Ambia Cubano
Ranked #8 of 443 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant, with a history, excellent Cuban food and ambiance.
“Like Old Habano”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just a little casita across from the river. Small menu, but AWESOME! on Fri-Sat they have live music. Owner used to be a pilot for Cuban Airlines.

Visited June 2013

Palm Bay, Florida
“Good attempt at Cuban”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place is tiny. (Only seven tables inside and a few more outside) but does a good job at rolling out authentic Cuban fare; Cuban sandwiches, Rice/beans and a Roast Pork that is slow roasted for hours and seasoned to perfection. The flan is not to be missed, along with a shot of Cuban coffee (the cafe con leche not so much;-()

Visited May 2013
Viera, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again...”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm shocked by how many positive reviews this restaurant has. Me and my girlfriend ordered our meals at 7:28pm. She ordered the fried pork and I wanted a medianoche sandwich. The staff refused to make me a sandwich. They said they stop making sandwiches at 7:30pm. I ordered two minutes early and I was still refused. Unbelievable. For a menu that is already extremely limited there aren't that many other choices besides sandwiches. I ended up not eating that night. My girlfriend wasn't impressed with her meal either. Very dry. I am friends with a couple local restaurant owners that would never treat their "valued" customers the way El Ambia's does. Never again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank adrianengineer76
El Ambia C, Owner at El Ambia Cubano, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I understand how frustrating is when something like this happen, and I know an apology or saying sorry will not be enough for you. Nevertheless my apologies to you, and I want to say I am sorry even is not enough.
I am working on all those details that should not happen, and I accept that it is totally my responsibility and you are complete right.
We have a very limited menu because the size of our kitchen, doesn't let us have a more diverse menu, but a sandwich should not be denied to anybody and especial to you as our value customer.
I will love to give to you and especial free dinner of your choice at El Ambia, and no only to you but also to your friend please. Please contact me at 321 327 8389.
To make a sandwich take longer that any other food but we have it now available till the restaurant is close.
I really sorry and thank you for taking time and review our restaurant El Ambia Cubano.
“Excellent CUBAN Cuisine”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Really nice environment with good Cuban Music coupled with great service and an unforgettable meal; the yuca frita was the best ever and "Masitas de cerdo con frijoles negros" exquisitas. My regular place for dinner on my next business trip to PAFB.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“GREAT Cuban food!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have dined here plenty of times, and I truly enjoy the food. The food offered is amazing and by far the best Cuban sandwich I have had in the state of Florida. In my opinion the food is 5 star authentic, but the choices available and the cramped setting are why I gave it a 4 star. While I understand that the full menu is not available every night, it is still disappointing when I take family there that is visiting from out of town. It is a small establishmen and can be cramped when busy, but the food far out weighs these minor issues.

• Visited December 2012