“Cute and delicious”
Review of El Ambia Cubano

El Ambia Cubano
Ranked #6 of 437 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family restaurant, with a history, excellent Cuban food and ambiance.
Washington, DC
“Cute and delicious”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The inside of this place is a bit crowded, but the patio is lovely. Food it simple. But tasty and a great value. The yuca frita and tres leches cake were sublime. Well done!

1 Thank B G

Farmington, New Mexico, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Melbourne for a class, we passed by this place and decided to try it. Being from New Mexico, I thought the food would be similar to ours. Boy, was I wrong. I had the Manas de Puerco Fritas...... The flavors exploded in my mouth....the onion and garlic mojo...the tender pork... Not to mention the beans and rice! We were treated like we had stopped in to a family members kitchen. Loved the atmosphere, the servers and even the customers were friendly. Can't wait till vacation time... I am taking MY family there!

1 Thank Huvud
Ellijay, Georgia
“Great lunch special and outdoor seating”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Enjoyed cuban dish, Ropa Vieja, with tostones and red beans and rice. Was their daily special for a Thursday. The meat and beans and tostones were delicious and was well worth the price for the quantity. The outside seating was very nice as well, added to the ambience. It was overall a good experience!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank bruce h
Palm Bay, Florida
“Would not go back!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I really don't know where to start but let me say "I love Cuban food" and was so excited to try this place after reading the reviews and was so disappointed. Taking our son and his girlfriend out we sat down to b greeted by a waitress that didn't seem to have a clue. I thought the menu was very limited and we all settled for the "special" pork dinner we all wanted the sweet plantains and got different beans and rice, red/black which the beans were the only saving grace of what would b a nightmare dinner.. Well the next thing we were told was the cc machine was broke and if we need to go get money we should. For some reason I remembered I had my chk book on me (we r local) and after discussion they decided they would accept that. So the meals come, 2 of the meals were delivered with yucca not plantains 2 had white rice not yellow and when we said something she blamed the cooks and we were not sure she was even going to fix the mistake. 1/2 way thru the meal she brought the plantains and she said "these are coming out of my pocket" and turned and left. My son and his girlfriend both work as servers in very busy restaurants and even they were shocked at her attitude. Yes, mayb I had a terrible experience w/ the waitress but the food was not anything to get excited about. The pork was dry, the plantains were tasteless and the rice was bland. So you may ask...anything good about the. Evening....yes, having time w/ my family.

2 Thank Missmymts
El Ambia C, Owner at El Ambia Cubano, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
If you come back to El Ambia I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
The server is no longer part of our team.
We do not use a credit card machine, we use POS system/ internet and it's possible internet was down. We already have changed providers and we also have a backup system .
All the dishes come with Tostones and you have the choice to substitute it for sweet plantains when you order.
It was an issue with a refrigerator back in Feb and we have to throw away all the plantains. We asked the servers to offer fried yuca or any choice that the customer likes.
About the pork -- no clue what happened, but we always get compliments on the pork.
Please let me deliver a free pork dish to your door if you decide not to come back
I really care about my customers and the quality of the food.
Melbourne, Florida
“A must try”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

One would think one is in Cuba. The atmosphere, the food and the staff are all terrific. Try to get Natalie as your waitress as she is tops and takes the time to discuss the menu with you. Cannot wait to return.

2 Thank Slimmer72