“Best Cuban Sandwich”

El Ambia Cubano
Ranked #8 of 445 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant, with a history, excellent Cuban food and ambiance.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

What a surprise when we stumbled upon this cute Cuban Restaurant. My husband had a pork meal and I ate a delicious cuban sandwich. We also tried the cafe con leche and had to have another. The servers were awesome. We got to meet the owner and he is very nice as well. They aren't open a lot of hours, but we will be back to try everything on the menu.

1  Thank Alex C
There are newer reviews for El Ambia Cubano

Reviewed December 12, 2012

These guys really know how to cook chicken and pork. I love the old house it's located in too. I go here about twice a month to get my "fix"! The service is usually good-but we did have a couple of servers who weren't that great.

1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I almost changed my order at the last minute when I saw the waiter bring out something for the other table...it looked and smelled amazing...but was rewarded with sticking to my guns with the best medianoche sandwich I've ever had. Out on the patio the environment was nice and the sandwiches for 2 of us came in as a cheap lunch.

1  Thank J L
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We just love this restaurant! Alfredo goes out of his way to make you feel "at home" and welcomed. The food is fabulous (my favorite is the Masas De Puerco Fritas) and we like to take home the mango and cheese pasteles. The service is always friendly & the weekend music is a wonderful addition to an authentic meal.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spotted this place online, reviews are spot-on. It's an unpretentious place with terrific home-style Cuban dishes. I couldn't believe we had apps, drinks, dinner, dessert and cuban coffee to finish and the bill was less than $70. I have made it my daily pitstop for cafecito every afternoon for the time I'm here.