WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Tuscany Grill

Tuscany Grill
Ranked #31 of 422 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Un CHAIN your appetite and discover homemade. Family owned since 2000. The best Italian and so much more. Full liquor bar, extensive wine list, banquet facilities for up to 100. Nightly features include hand cut Filet Mignon, fresh seafood and Osso Bucco. Sunday night dinner dance with 2 for 1 drinks and 5.00 appetizers. Sunday brunch. Suntree's favorite meeting place!
Melbourne, Florida
“Very good for either lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tuscany Grill is one of our "go-to" restaurants in our monthly rotation. They have excellent soups, salads and bruschettas, and their chef specials are also very good. Cozy atmosphere with very good service. Also, they have a fairly extensive lunch menu -- last week I had "Clams Casino Pasta". OMG, SO good -- with bacon, clams, tomato, onions, clam broth and butter -- a nice sized portion for lunch. They also have a Penne Vodka that is very nice, along with various salads, strombolis, and various pasta dishes. A good, reliable place for fresh food, a clean, welcoming atmosphere and very good service.

• Visited October 2013

Huntington, New York
“A wonderful tour of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was so pleased to find this wonderful italian restaurant while on a visit to my mother who lives in Melbourne.....the warm bread was offered with a terrific basil dipping sauce....my husbands chicken piccata was perfect.....my clams in garlic and white wine over linguini was flavorful and chick full of clams...the service was great...Patrick was our waiter and he was wonderful.....will go back again and again....

Visited October 2013
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I dined last night at the Tuscany Grill and I can only say disappointed. I had the veal parmigiania, and the pasta chef needs some real help, the strands looked like someone broke them in two and they were overcooked, plus the pasta was full of water and not drained. Have to re-think another visit, unlike our last ones.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Florida
“Obviously there is a real chef in the house!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Tonight was half price wine Wednesday or something like that...I opted for the house wine which was sold out and not at all what was advertised. Nevertheless, it was delicious, the pour was generous and after a glass like that, who knows the difference anyways?

I had the calamari for an appetizer. They were probably the best, most perfectly prepared calamari that I have ever had. Hats off to the chef! I did elect to have marinara sauce on the side instead of the spicy house accompaniments.

I ordered the creamy angel hair dish with shrimp as an entrée. It was a little lackluster. In my opinion it needed more of a garlic presence. I did request some parmesan on the side so that I could "salt" the dish up without insulting the chef.

Overall, this was a lovely dining experience. I will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious food! Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Tuscany Grill expertly accommodated 19 members of our extended family in town to celebrate a special birthday. A partitioned side room was ready for our 6:30pm arrival and Patrick (our server) masterfully guided us through beverage and meal orders. Restaurant personnel assisted Patrick in delivering the 19 meals nearly simultaneously. Everyone was pleased with their entree ... favorites included the Mediterranean Grill, Shrimp and Sea Scallops in Pesto, and Large Sea Scallops with Asparagus in Chardonnay Sauce. Both the shrimp and the scallops were cooked perfectly. Not surprisingly, those dishes were delivered last since they take the least amount of time to cook.

A previous reviewer commented on food sanitation issues which prompted me to review the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) reports for this restaurant. In a nutshell, it seems corrections have been made to all significant violations. I appreciate the heads up from the previous reviewer! We had a wonderful birthday celebration and truly look forward to visiting Melbourne and the Tuscany Grill in the future.

The web site to review any licensed business in Florida is:

• Visited July 2013