“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tuscany Grill

Tuscany Grill
Ranked #41 of 434 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Un CHAIN your appetite and discover homemade. Family owned since 2000. The best Italian and so much more. Full liquor bar, extensive wine list, banquet facilities for up to 100. Nightly features include hand cut Filet Mignon, fresh seafood and Osso Bucco. Sunday night dinner dance with 2 for 1 drinks and 5.00 appetizers. Sunday brunch. Suntree's favorite meeting place!
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

On the way to Islamorada, we decided to lay over at Melbourne. We chanced finding this "Wonderful Italian Restaurant" as it was our mission to find italian food. This is a modest restaurant in a mall setting that was exceptional for it's knowledge and preparation of itailian specialties. The waiters were very efficient and personnally tuned to its customers. We can't imagine anything but great reviews for this restaurant!! Try it..... you'll love it too.

1 Thank Mike P

Melbourne, Florida
“Really enjoyed it!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have been there in the past and the food was always very good, but last night was exceptional. It was very crowded for a Wednesday night and we did have to wait a bit, but was very glad that we did. I had the salmon special and it really was excellent. The salad was very fresh and I loved the creamy garlic dressing. My husband had the eggplant rollatini and he loved it as well. As an italian it's hard for us to like red sauce in a restaurant because no one beats my homemade sauce! Their's was delicious (mine is still better). Staff was very friendly and I really enjoyed it.

1 Thank Joanne1270
Melbourne, Florida
“Wasted night out”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I usually avoid going out on Saturday due to crowds and poor service. We were right.

We decided to go out as she was tired and it seemed like a good idea. We decided on the grill as we wanted a white Italian and had not retried in over ten years due to two bad experiences in one month.

Arrived about 6:45 and was seated after ten minute wait. I did not understand the delay as we could see two empty tables. When we were seated I discovered I had the rocking chair; no matter how I tried to reposition it rocked. Waited a long time for server to appear, he took our beverage order and disappeared. Finally returned and he had personally prepared the pesto for the bread.

While waiting we both noted the loud atmosphere. The floor is wood and there is nothing to absorb or deaden the noise.

Wine was okay but a personal gripe: when wine had a cork I understood leaving a cork on the table, but with a screw top bottle? Seems to me the server is leaving trash on my table.

Gave our order and tried the bread. Most unusual Italian bread we have had; very dense and heavy almost like Russian black bread. Salads came after we had almost sipped an entire bottle of wine. Salads were pre-made but the creamy dressing was "shock your teeth" too cold, it have been kept in a freezer.

Almost an hour and fifteen minutes after we were seated dinner was served; had not seen our server since the salads were served. Meals looked OK but the taste was lacking. We both had veal that was to be made in a lemon/butter sauce; no hint of those flavors. The pasta beneath the veal was coated with oil, unpleasant. The veal was thick, not pounded, but mostly undercooked. Also it was coated with a soggy raw crust; we thought it should have been lightly dusted and sauted. Artichokes were few and far between, no dish was dominated by salty black olives.

After another long delay our server reappeared. At no time did he inquire as to how we enjoyed the meal or if it was cooked properly. We both would have returned the dishes if we were given the opportunity.

Our server commented that guests always had leftovers as the portions were so large, he would return with a box and the bill. The bill was delivered promptly but it was the wrong bill by over thirty dollars.

This meal/atmosphere/server did not meet expectations and it will be another ten plus years before we return.

1 Thank babbydaddy52
“Great night out”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This Italian restaurant is located in a strip center, like so many restaurants in this area. However, the inside is more upscale than you would expect from the outside. I ate with my wife and three kids (youngest 9) and we each ordered a different pasta/meat entree which came with a salad or soup. Each dish was different and very good. We had fried calamari as an appetizer which was delish. I drank the house penoit grigio and my wife a Chardonnay which often times is not so good and seemingly watered down. I figured i'd try a glass of the house and then try something else, but i stuck with the house. it was really good! Our waitress was pleasant and attentive and there was a woman working who was helping run food and checking up on tables that i got the feeling was the owner. All could not have been nicer and i definitely plan to return next time we are in town.

• Visited December 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent local Italian & pet-friendly outdoor area”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tuscany Grill has a great menu, fantastic Chef and the owner Gina is super friendly and always around. It has a local feel and the menu has great staples as well as very creative specials. Wine selection is good. It is a great place to host a large event as it has a second room that can be rearranged to accommodate a larger dinner party. The bar in the back is nice and cozy too. Would highly recommend! Plus the outdoor dining area is dog-friendly!

• Visited December 2012