“Pasta Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amici's Italian Restaurant

Amici's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 431 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Pasta Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is some of the best Italian food I have ever had. All freshly made pasta and sauces. Pizzas are a real treat. This is a family owner and operated eatery and they take real pride in what they serve. Try the homemade sausage (whe availabel) and be sure to visit the bakery..

Visited July 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“It's alright, but it should be cheaper”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant after finding it on Google Maps. We wanted to try a local alternative to the chain Italian restaurant down the road.

Contrary to other reviews, we were seated promptly and received our food in said fashion. The bread was the standard bread and herbs that you get at most Italian restaurants. The menu offered the standard Italian fare, but seemed to be more on the traditional side.

My wife ordered shrimp marinara and myself the chicken francesca. She liked her meal, and mine was alright.. except for the price. For nearly $20 a plate in this area I'd expect a lot more. Basically, you get a tiny soup or salad and your entree. My wife had five shrimp on her plate. Mine had more food, and I didn't finish the meal.

It wasn't very flavorful and my chicken tasted too strongly of the cooking wine. However, it wasn't a bad experience overall, minus some loud regulars at the bar area.

For the price, you can do better. This isn't downtown Miami or Orlando.. it's Melbourne.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love this place! Have been going for years and never had a bad experience.
Food is fantastic! Highly recommended if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2013
Olney, Maryland
“Disappointing...a mixed review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had heard good things about this place so I was surprised. Good things first:

Quick service, friendly, good wine, good ambiance.

Now the not so good...

Pizza was drenched in olive oil, even underneath the crust where it had seeped through. And I love olive oil drizzled on food. But it was way too heavy handed so it made it too rich. Flavour was good and it would had been fine had the chef not spilled the oil all over it.

Husband ordered Veal Marsala. This was the worst. The veal was tough (cheaper cut, not tenderized enough.) But, I can deal with chewy veal. It was the marsala wine sauce that was plastic and fake, clearly out of the jar, and thickened with way too much cornstarch. I didn't believe my husband when he told me, so I sampled it myself, and he was right! Shocked that an Italian place who claims be so authentic, would do this.

I have not been back since. But I do believe that the pizza would be alright as long as they go light on oil. I wrote "poor" value for food only because the veal was expensive, rightfully so; but I would have expected quality, if not in the veal then definitely in a nice basic marsala sauce.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank globalnomad12345
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Italian food in Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I like Amici a lot. The food is very good and consistent. The only negative was that there are sometimes very long waits. The Cesar salad is very good as is the chicken parmesan. Amici is also great for pizza takeout. I always enjoy Amici and will be returning!

• Visited February 2013