“loved it”

Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 5, 2007

Stayed on the 14th floor, the view was fantastic, the room was very clean and very nice furniture. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant. The service was great as was the food. The staff was great. Have already made reservations for the Easter holidays.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bullymoose
Write a ReviewReviews (2,293)

Reviewed January 5, 2007

The Good?

The property is perfectly situated on a very long beach. You could walk for miles if you wanted to. The hotel is an all suite property which is great when travelling with kids. There is a microwave and a fridge in the room as well. All rooms are oceanfraont and the sounds of the waves will lull you to sleep.

The Bad?

Even though I was advised that the entire hotel has been renovated I was initially put into a room that looked like it hadn't been overhauled since the 70's. There were burn marks on the carpet and mold in the showers (rooms 401 and 403). I did ask front desk to move me into a renovated room which the promptly did. Room 709 was much nicer. The fridge was broken and the toilet was running nonstop but again these matters were promptly dealt with by the front desk. I had another room as well and the air conditioning broke down at 7pm and since the problem could not be fixed for days, my parents and child that was in that room had to move again.

The Ugly?

When I called to speak with the General Manager I was delt with in an extremely rude way. He told me he was "sick" of me calling him with complaints. Buddy, if you don't want complaints, then keep your hotel in working order for pete's sake! There was a problem with my bill as well. When I called the GM again, he basically said "if you want to get out right now, I will waive the charges". So I did. I was booked for 6 nights but left after 3 nights. I will not stay any place I am not welcome.

I went to another property in Miami and had an amazing stay.

Overall, the property is ok, but if you have a problem, then heaven help you!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank TravelAgentToronto
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We are frequent travelers to the Space Coast area staying at many of the Cocoa Beach hotels over the last 10 years. This is our first time at this Radison. It has its good and bad. The best has to be location right on the beach, all rooms face the beach with nice big balconies and chairs. The weather was great when we were there so we slept every night with the sliding doors open. The sound of the ocean crashing on the beach below was better than any relaxation CD I have listened to. The hotel had just finished remodeling from the hurricanes so everything was new. My only few gripes are that our room was totally clay tiled on the floor, no biggie but they did not mop it on a daily basis. So when we came back to our room at night from the beach or pool I would just use their pool towels to quickly mop it. Also the restaurant was not open yet except for a makeshift one in a banquet room. The prices were out rageous. Best remedy for this was the Walmart and Grocery next door. We would walk over there and get donuts or fruit and lunchmeat bring it back to our room and eat there for breakfast and lunch. Our room had a microwave and fridge along with coffee. All in all this hotel is very nice and is on a very quiet but rocky/coral part of the beach. We spent most of our days at the beach below, leaving our stuff on the beach while we were upstairs eating lunch. We would definitely stay here again and actually are making reservations for spring 2007. Oh one other small draw back there are not a whole lot of places to eat near by but Cocoa Beach is just a 15min drive up the beach.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank Tiyoung
Reviewed October 19, 2006

My wife and I just got back from a weekend stay at the radisson hotel. This hotel was completely refinished offering very spacious rooms with great views of ocean. The beach was small but great for walking and riding the ocean waves. Pool was awesome with a fabulous sun deck. Janice from the water sports desk was a great help in finding area information. Hotel is right next door to Lou's Blues, great entertainment and awsome service. Really fun place. The best thing about the radisson is its location, Melbourne is not your typical Florda tourist trap. Local are very friendly.

Peter & Adina Gagne

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beachwatersports
Reviewed July 21, 2006

We just stayed here for four days. We had a wonderful stay. Our room was on the 14th floor with a breath-taking direct view of the ocean both the living area and bedroom. I would highly recommend staying here. They have done a wonderful job of remodeling after the hurricanes of 2004. Prices are reasonable for direct ocean front (hotel prices in general are higher then two years ago).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2006

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
11  Thank helwolk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront? Share your experiences!