“Top Notch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Jacksonville
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed for long weekend over Labor Day. Hotel is very nice. Room was outstanding with a stunning view. A/C, Wi-Fi, and water pressure were flawless. We liked the tile floor. It is clean, decorative, and very functional.

Front desk staff was excellant! Especially Mike the guest services manager. "Thank You". Also big "Thank You" to John in maintenance for being our personal valet coming and going, and Jeremy for his direction in surfing, and the beach/pool area.

Only downside was restaurant staff is curt and somewhat rude. Did not eat there but important note- If you get coffee they prepare it for you. You are not allowed to add your own cream and sugar unless you order it black and bring your own. Very unfriendly! Did not fit in with the rest of the organization!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jacksondxmg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The rooms are truly suites, and every one has a view right onto the ocean. The hotel is well maintained and the rooms are spotless. The sleep number bed was loaded with good pillows and good quality white linens. I can't think of a single thing that I would change about this hotel. I only had a single night stay on business, but I'm already trying to get back for a longer stay when I have some vacation time. The free wireless Internet was fast and reliable. Plenty of outlets near the work table. Separate wet bar area. No issues with anything in the room. Soft towels, good toiletries. The staff at the front desk and throughout the hotel went the extra mile to be helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay here again. You can't beat sleeping to the sound of the surf breaking on the beach right below, and waking up early to watch the sun rise over the ocean.

Room Tip: Every room has a door on the land side and balcony on the ocean side. You can't go wrong. Just...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a decent place to stay, but their customer service is poor. They have a "business" is more important than our guests stay attitude. The manager even said as much when we told him of an issue that we had. It was quite surprising. We've stayed here a few times, but we were not treated well at all. Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

3 night stay in room 704 Aug 28, 2012. All rooms face the ocean and the hotel suite is on the barrier island and on the beach. ample free parking. Very nice sand beach. Clean pool and deck with jacuzzi.

The room lay out was fantastic with a sofa sleeper. The room has a wet bar sink, mini refrigerator that does well and a mini coffee maker. The furniture seem fairly new and modern. A 30"+ flat screen tv in the living room but a old tube tv in the bedroom. They should change the tv out for a new flat screen. available cable channels was average. Two sliding glass doors lead to a balcony with two chairs was nice. the towels and linen were excellent. The in room safe was large enough for a laptop and there were sufficient electrical receptacle outlets available to charge your electronics.

Unfortunate room had a few problems that staff didn't know before giving the room to me. I like to think the cleaning personnel should have known. The air conditioner temperature never got cold. The fan would just run. Even with the thermostat off, a minimum about of air flow was still being blown though. The air flow was rather noisy. The toilet also made noise because it had a constant leak through the flapper valve. But you can't hear the water from the toilet tank because the air flowing though the vents attempting to cool the room down was louder. The bed was a sleep by number. But my bed was not working. It didn't bother me since the current setting was acceptable. The phone in the bedroom did not work but was repair very quickly when I told them about it. I liked the noise from the waves so, I opened the sliding door (no bug screen) and that drowned out the air flow noise and toilet noise. I reported the problems when I checked out. The sliding glass doors do seem to prevent the noise from the waves. But I like the wave noise so the toilet and A/C was not a major issue for me. I suspect this is a big problem for other guess. In comparison, my coworker said his room AC was very cold (room #1103).

The guest one floor above and over (e.g. room #803) smoked on his balcony the last night from 9:30pm to midnight. I can smell their second hand tobacco smoke if I sat on the balcony but could not smell it from in the room with the door bedroom balcony door open to let the sea breeze in.

I did not try their restaurant. In the morning around 8am, there were never more than two diners.

They do have a small separate full service bar and room service to 11pm that I did not try.

I would go back and try them again and give them a second chance.

In closing, the front desk was 120% positive and made me feel welcomed. If it were not for the front desk friendly staff, I would have complained about everything from the first night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Punta Gorda, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband, daghter, and I stayed here in July 2012. I told them we were celebrating our 11th anniversary and they upgraded us to the 15th floor in a corner room. The room was very nice. We had a wrap-around balconey that gave us wonderful views. The sleep number bed was great and it was nice to have a separate bedroom. The small "kitchen" area allowed us to store drinks, leftovers, etc. The pool was very nice, as was the hot tub. The elevators in this place were sheer torture! I usually roll my eyes when people complain about elevators being slow while on vacation, but this was horrible. There were 2 groups checking in the same day as us, and one of only 2 elevators was down. They don't even have service elevators for the cleaning staff to use. We waited for almost 30 minutes to finally be able to bring out luggage to our room. If you're in a corner room, beware. It's a long HOT walk to get to your room. All of the A/C units blow their hot air out into the walkway. What kind of design is that??? One day we had a storm blow in. We had several pieces of clothing and towels airing out on the balconey that we had forgotten about. Once the storm started, we could not open the balconey door. We tried everything...opening the front door to equalize pressure, nothing worked. We had to sit there and watch our stuff get blown around and poured on. thankfully we used some clips so we didn't lose anything. To break it down...nice rooms, nice friendly staff, great pool area, but I seriously doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
essex uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

my wife,daughter and I stayed at the Radison in August for a few days before a cruise.
the rooms were spacious with seperate sleeping for my daughter which was good.the room comes with a fridge and microwave with coffee making facilities which was great.
the sea views were fantastic,free parking.
not so good points,the exterior of the building was tired,there is not enough lifts,the air con rejected heat blows at you from each room you walk pass is very hot,inside the rooms it was very noisy.the walkway to the rooms,we were on the 11th floor should be closed in as it was quite a drop if a kid decided to clime over the handrail
overall nt the best we stayed in but not the worse.

Room Tip: pick a low floor so you can use the staircase as the lifts are slow and not enough of them
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank keef1956
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear keef1956,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that you were caused. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

i have been staying in melbourne area since 2009. i have stayed many area hotels but there is no comperison with this hotel and others. EVERYONE was incredible.. great beach, great view, great rooms, family friendly, and CLEAN... although we are looking for little cheaper rate. but for $10/ night more to spend for this hotel worth it.
i will go back again..

Room Tip: get a room floors 3 and up. dont worry the view , sq/ft and the shape of the room is the same. excep...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank dennis p
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Dennis P,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family.

Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront? Share your experiences!