“Authentic as it gets!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Melbourne, Florida
“Authentic as it gets!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I will be back for sure to try the jerk pork because the chicken was awesome!
Not a fancy place, but like most "non-fancy" places the food is great and that's what folks love.
Portion size is great too, so I did the American thing and ate everything. :)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank XianFL

Palm Bay, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Jerk Chicken!”
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I could eat Hazel's jerk chicken, rice and peas, and cabbage every day. The food is authentic Jamaican with great spices and flavor.

The restaurant itself is small (only has about 4 tables) and I wouldn't recommend eating there (though you can). Just be advised if you do "eat-in" that their sodas are by the can not unlimited and you will need more than one! The service is OK but the food is the real draw.

I've had both the jerk/bbq chicken (multiple times) and the jerk pork (combination plate) and would recommend the chicken (pork is good but not AS good). My wife prefers the pork but I find it a little too fatty for my tastes. Servings are plentiful and the homemade jerk sauce is too die for!

Don't let this place's appearance fool you, it is authentic Jamaican food - not to be missed!

1 Thank Garthran