“BUGS and almost two trips to the ER” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area Campground
You added Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area Campground to your Saves list
West Palm Beach, Florida
“BUGS and almost two trips to the ER”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I will never go back to this campground. We've been camping for years and this was the worst camping experience we've ever had. On our first night at this campground our daughter cut her foot on something in the water off the beach and we had to take her to have stiches. If you decide to go, wear water shoes in the water! The second night, our friend was bitten by a huge spider on the bike trail. Luckily he never developed a reaction to the bite. My husband said that the huge spiders were everywhere on the bike trail. The sand fleas were the final straw for me. Before we made our reservations for this campground, I''d read many reviews stating that sand fleas were really bad there, but I made the mistake of ignoring the reviews and we went camping there anyway. The sand fleas at Sebastian were horrendous! My children spent the majority of our trip in our motorhome because it was impossible to sit outside. I currently have hundreds of bites on my legs and back because I had to go outside to grill our dinner. Even bug spray did not help the situation. On the postivie side, I will say that the park rangers were nice and came around quite often. The boat ramp and sand bar near the park were nice. Being able to escape the campground on our boat was our only salvation the entire weekend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
6 Thank cpresto2

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

Horrible!!! Drunks vomitting in front of the camp hosts RV!!! This is NOT a family campground as it claims to be! There was much drinking, to the point of people puking and passing out in the road, not to mention the lound music and vulgarity. Ranger came and made the offensive campers go to bed, but the behavior shouldn't have been tolerated in a "family" campground. We will never go there again.

11 Thank jpswife

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Port d'Hiver
Seashell Suites Resort
Seashell Suites Resort
#2 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
5.0 of 5 stars 228 reviews

Been to Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area Campground? Share your experiences!