“Brevard Zoo is awesome!!”
Review of Brevard Zoo

Brevard Zoo
Ranked #1 of 74 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Brevard Zoo is home to more than 650 animals, representing 165 species. Feed gentle giraffe and lorikeets, go kayaking or take a paddle boat ride and ride the train. Get wet in Paws On, enjoy daily animal encounters and be sure to experience our rhino encounters.
Melbourne, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brevard Zoo is awesome!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been season pass holders for over 7 years. The zoo has an amazing variety of animals you won't see in every zoo! Capybaras, Coatimundis, Tapirs for example! The Pet Detective Academy is a big hit with my boys! Try it, you will love it!

Visited October 2013

Melbourne, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Nice Medium Sized Zoo”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great day out for younger to early teen children. Smaller zoo so not as exhausting as larger attractions. Feeding the giraffes is great fun. Easy access… Close to I-95 in Viera/Suntree. Good value for money and usually not too busy. Great Halloween and other special events.

Visited December 2012
Lakeland, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“fun place to take your kids”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love it! I'm not a very big fan of zoological trips but I have to admit that Brevard Zoo is great! It's devided by sections like "South America", "Africa", etc, but it's not boring. My friend who came from Miami said that Brevard Zoo is much better than Miami's. My little boy who was only 14 months old when we first visit there (now he's 24 months old) loved it. It's a very nice place. I would call it a "hidden gem" because unfortunately a lot of people living in Melbourne have never been there even through they know about it.

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Little Zoo”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in the Melbourne area and have watched this little zoo grow. The giraffe exhibit is the best. Being able to feed them and see them up close and personal. The aviary is fun too. All those birds flying around is great fun. Wish the enclosures for the jaguars was larger but all in all, it is great little zoo with lots of animals and a great way to spend a few hours in Melbourne.

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Zoo in the World”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been attending this Zoo whenever possible since 1997 and have been members since about 2001 even though we didn't move here permanently until 2008. We so enjoyed our visits that it just made sense to join and help support them. We have watched it grow greatly and thoroughly enjoy our visits. We were going once a week for a long time, but have recently slipped back on the visits. I am planning to pick up the weekly trips again in January. It is a very up close and personal type zoo and you can get too really know the animals. I highly recommend a visit and also highly recommend a membership if you are close enough to enjoy going.

Visited October 2013