“Marisol Restaurant in crown plaza oceanfront, Melbourne Fl”

Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 1, 2014

May 01 2014. On a date night, we dined at 6pm. Excellent service (Louie) was the best waiter, because He provided a down to earth style, you knew you were really taken care of, without over pretense or over bearing. Thanks Louie! The meal,seafood chowder few potatoes, plenty of seafood ! App. of shellfish in a great soup of broth and seasonings (wow) NY strip steak to perfection,mashed potatoes best,, asparagus and veg. sides outstanding, the snapper almondine was beyond delicious! right up to par with a halibut bursting with flavor and cooked to perfection Yep, there's love in this food Thanks chef and crew !! Even the salad was quality ,served with the best dressing they made on site! We will be back soon! Harvey+ Donna K.

Room Tip: Staff is on the ball !!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have traveled around quite a bit for business and pleasure in my life and rate this stay along my most memorable. This trip was combined business and pleasure for me and I was able to bring my wife and kids. There was one employee that really stood out to us; Simon. He is in charge of everything food and drink related. We saw him there at 6am and also at 11pm every day we stayed. He remembered us by name, always had recommendations and was so knowledgeable about everything. He even helped us printing out boarding passes in the business center. The liquor and wine they carry is the best I have seen anywhere. Please ask for Simon if you are staying at the hotel. Another memorable employee was Kaylan at the front desk. She always smiled and was such a pleasure to deal with. She also put us in the perfect room. We had a great view of the ocean and the evening live music. Our kids, 6 and 12 year olds, loved dancing to the live music right on the beach. Simon also gave them Crowne Plaza frisbees with their kids meals which I thought was a nice touch. We were all sad to leave but we will be back in August. Oh, and they have a fudge shop inside the hotel. It is only open at night and not in the day which is not great for kids. Sugar them up at night and they don't want to go to sleep. My only negative comment is that I felt the gym was outdated, hot and equipment old. My wife and I love to exercise every morning but skipped it during our stay. There again, we far enjoyed jogging on the beach to being inside on a treadmill.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mhalloway
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had stayed here on a business trip three years ago. The condition of the hotel was pretty worn out back then. I recently returned for business and for some reason I decided to book at the same hotel again. I don't know what I was thinking - back to what you know syndrome I guess. To my surprise, when I walked into the lobby, I didn't recognize it. The receptionist told me that they had remodeled last year. The reception, restaurant and entire ground floor was remodeled and it looked nice. Unfortunately it stopped there. The rooms are still tiny with only a make over of a few things like furniture - albeit really cheap stuff, fresh coat of paint - though not well painted and you can see the poor paint job. I am a SPG member so I had a room on the very top floor with king size bed, partial ocean view and balcony. Unfortunately the room was close to the elevators where their mechanical room was located on the roof. I could here the motors grinning and cranking nearly every hours of the night. It was very annoying. The wall and door to the balcony also did not block road/traffic noise at all. The AC unit looked new but it certainly did not sound it. It was loud and sounded like it was a swamp cooler instead of a compressor system. To match with the tiny room, the bathroom was also tiny. There was no sink counter space to put much other than your toothbrush. There was also hair in the sink when I first checked in. There was a sign in the bathroom that said if you forget any toiletries, they would provide it. So I went to the lobby and requested some toothpaste. Alas, they didn't have any. Next time I am in town I would not stay here. Some of my colleagues were staying at the hotel right next door to the north and they said every room in that hotel was a suite with floor to ceiling glass providing full ocean view. I will stay there instead, for the same price.

Room Tip: Check out other hotels nearby for better value and possibly better comfort.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank VDlong
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I hope you will give our hotel another chance to earn your business and prove to you how enjoyable a stay at our hotel can be.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

But only looked...
Not that we are regular users of King size beds...but here we have been lying in a "dwarf" size bed. I can't indeed tell we have been sleeping: on our side, we have though tried, unsuccessfully.
We had better laid down one on each other, but sharing the room with our kids, it would have been inappropriate...
We have then enjoyed of the very poor acoustic isolation of the room: we thought the airco was noisy but it was the wind outside... what possibly kept our neighbour at the upper floor also awake since we could count his steps.
Fortunately the seesight was nice.
Regarding the catering, the food was very common (too much for this worldclass hotel, acceptable in attractions park) and the price for the nice cocktails looked reasonable up to we noticed the glass was full of ice.
It looked nice, but only looked.
Next time we will road further towards Miami, where we won't sleep as well but will know in advance

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Olivier P
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Our room description on our website is accurate, we have 1 king size bed or 2 double beds. If this wasn’t clear at booking then I apologize for the confusion.
I am sorry to see you were bothered by noise. Perhaps next time requesting a room on the top floor would suit you and your family better, all though I cannot control the Mother Nature’s show outside I can try to help with the noise inside. I wish you and your family the best of luck and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

It was a business trip. Rooms are very small. If you have an outside room, it can be noisy.
Food is a bit pricey. It is a good hotel but the price did not equal level of service. Had a plumbing problem that was not repaired.

Room Tip: Very small rooms. Great if you like the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and tried to be accommodating. My room had a partial ocean view. No private balcony. My room was not cleaned 2 nights. It was obvious the floor was not vacuumed and the run was still sir dirty. The door to my freezer was broken and fell off every time I opened the refrigerator, the floor lamp bulb was blown, my second key speed working on day 3, the elevator was painfully slow, on most occasions I had to park in the lot furthest from my room. People who weren't guests were using the hotel lot for Beach access.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team. Your comments are very important to us and will help us improve the service and product we offer to our guests. I hope that you reported these issues to the front desk to allow us the chance to correct these issues. I understand this stay was not all that it should have been but please know we do take it very serious and will work to correct the issue. We hope that you will give is a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Friendly front desk agent, quick and efficient check in. Room was great for the price and hotel was lovely. Right on the beach...room overlooked side of building but you could still hear and see the ocean. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!