“Yummy!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Palm Bay, Florida
“Yummy!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

If you are craving German food then you must treat yourself and your family to Edelweiss! I have never been disappointed. The Paprikashnitzel is my absolute favorite! My favorite pairings include spaetzle and red cabbage. On my last visit I had the Saurbraten. All I can say is...WOW! The chef really knows his stuff. The beer and wine is quite nice as well. The house reds are either sweet or dry. I really enjoyed the dry.
I do wish the owner would move his talent and staff to a newer, larger building. Edelweiss is just too small. The bathroom is atrocious - not dirty just dark and dank. The area surrounding this tiny gem of a restaurant is host to empty old buildings and suspicious people walking up and down the highway. The parking lot is just silly when one considers the amount of Edelweiss devotees. Please, chef/owner, if you are reading this: RELOCATE! We will all follow you. One suggestion: an outdoor dining area. And while I'm at it: fresh baked bread in the bread baskets.

3 Thank KellBob

Titusville, Florida
“THE ABSOLUTE BEST THERE IS !!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

Okay.. so I read the reviews on here and there wasn't 1 bad review of the place so my husband and I went there tonight.. and let me tell tell you... IT WAS WORTH EVERY CENT. My husband and I lived in Germany for three years and so we know what German food is and what it is supposed to taste like, and that is why we rarely mess with German restaurants in the states because usually it will be a total disappointment. But... that is soooo not the case here. First of all.. this place is only open 5 days a week for about 5 hours at a time and that shows you right there... they DON'T have to be open 7 days a week and have 12 hours a day... because the food is so good they can be open whenever they want. Plus in Germany people don't work on Sun/Mon really so I understand the schedule. Like the other reviews have said.. the outside is nothing special...and the parking lot is super small.. but since they only have like 15 tables anyway. The inside is exactly like a German restaurant in Germany. The inside is quaint with low lighting and comfortable seating. My husband and I had to wait about 20 minutes for a table but we were prepared to do that. When we got our table he ordered a beer, and I ordered wine, coffee, and an unsweet tea. (yes.. I must have all of my beverages). They brought our drinks and some bread and butter to help us along for the wait. The Reisling (wine) was ICE COLD and totally refreshing and the coffee was fresh hot and not bitter at all. We then ordered some goulash soup while we sipped our drinks. The soup was sooo awesome.. think of campbell's vegetable only way thicker and more tasty. Then we ordered the sampler as our entree, and a side of potato salad. The sampler had shnitzel, beef roast, ham, spatzel (german noodles), pomme frites (french fries), saurkraut, cabbage, potato, and came with like 4 gravies and dipping sauces. OMG, it was soooo good, the schitzel was cooked perfectly and everything there was made to order when your order it and not sititng out. The potato salad was gorgeous and I cold eat it every single day for the rest of my life ! So after we ate a bit I was totally stuffed and we ordered a piece of Black Forest Cake to go and some to go boxes. All together with 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers our total was like 78$, not bad since we ordered the most expensive thing on the menu. If you ordered straight off the menu and didn't get the sampler we got you could probably get away with a 45$ bill. This place made me miss Germany so much and it was a little piece of heaven in this hot and humid state. LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM !

- oh and something else.. do not go here if you want you want your food in like 15 minutes because the chef is the owner and he is he only one cooking. but I would waite 2 hours if had to because it was that good !

2 Thank MindyMelena
Orlando
“Delicious German Home Cooking!”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Don't be fooled by the outside appearance of this little German Gem. It looks rundown, but once you enter, it is an adorable German wonderland with twinkle lights and beautiful photos/maps all over the walls. It was such a pleasure to enjoy the DELICIOUS Goulash soup and pork snitzel! The parmesan and egg breading was so flavorful on the pork snitzel~ highly recommended!! The hot, fresh, thick goulash soup was so hearty. LOVED IT! Also the homemade mashed potatos and gravy is a MUST have! The "frenchfries" were actually homemade thick potato wedges ~ hot and fresh and crispy! We loved our Edelweiss meal and wouldn't go back to Melbourne without eating at the charming little Edelweiss again. The line was out the door by 6:45, so get there early and bring your appetite. You will not be dissappointed!!

1 Thank aufl626
Central Florida
“Authentic German Food in the Melbourne Area”
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I have traveled to Germany many times over the past few years and have become acquainted with food served in German restaurants. The Edelweiss does a good job in bringing German food and atmosphere to Melbourne. The inside has a German flair. The food is wonderful. The German Potato salad is my favorite. The only reservations I believe someone would have to going here is the location. The neighborhood is a bit rough looking and the outside of the restaurant gives itself away as a gas station from the 1950's. While I truly love this restaurant, the bathroom seems to be the original bathroom from the 50's and really needs to be updated.

1 Thank gonzo447
Grasonville, Maryland
“Josef sure knows his cooking!”
Reviewed September 10, 2008

We have been going here for a few years now and when I saw them here I had to post! It is all good at Edelweiss! Inside you will be pleasantly transported to another place. The pounding you hear after you order is Josef tenderizing your snitchel ot order! This restaurant very much reminds me of some of the small "ma and pop" places you would fine in Germany. All food is priced right and the beers are great. Keep in mind they are closed Sun-Mon-Tue opening on Wed. All food is cooked to order so if they are busy you may wait but heck that just gives you more time for another beer. My favorites are the pork snitchel and the curry worst both with red cabbage and kidney bean salad.