“What a day!”

Andretti Thrill Park
Ranked #11 of 110 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Andretti Thrill Park has been entertaining guests for the past 16 years. People from all over the country have come here to enjoy the best in family entertainment. We are centrally located on Florida's famous Space Coast offering safe and unique attractions for guests of all ages to enjoy. Today, the park features 5 go-kart tracks, 18 miniature golf, laser tag arena, batting cages, paddle boats, rock wall, indoor ropes course, spinning coaster, a train ride, kiddie rides, a professional playground and the largest video arcade in the Space Coast packed with 150 of the latest state of the art video games as well as a great assortment of prizes that can be redeemed for tickets. The park is also home to Andretti Snacks which offers home made pizza, burgers, chicken platters, ice cream and other finger foods.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went with 3 teenagers and they LOVED racing each other. Went on the cars many times. Indoors was clean. Adjoining cafe very clean and service was friendly. Kids enjoyed the various indoor attractions (only one use with ticket purchase for each attraction) but hurried outside to race again. They did not try the mini golf. Tickets were pricey, but adults didn't have to purchase to go inside and take pics.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited Andretti utilizing the Groupon ($20 for an all day pass and a $5 arcade card). My boys love to drive go karts (7 and 10). My 10 year old is tall enough to drive on both the Super Speedway and the F1 track. I have to drive my 7 year old on those tracks. It would be nice if Andretti offer a discounted chauffer pass because I had to pay full Groupon price just to drive my son around the track a couple of times. The shorter drivers are limited to the Jr. Indy Track which is just a small oval. We started out earlier in the day which is nice because once the adults and teenagers got on the tracks it can be a bit intimidating for the younger drivers.

The rock climbing wall was a hit with both my boys. Paddle boats are just so-so and there is a sign warning that you have to be dry before riding the go karts again. The mini golf is very basic. We also tried out the batting cages. The equipment is worn but was in working order. Even though it is meant for younger kids, we rode the “train”. Laser tag wasn’t much fun because we only had a small group and there was no one else there to play.

The $5 arcade card doesn’t last long. Several of the games are priced $0.35 and $0.60 which left us all with odd remainders of $0.15 or so that we couldn’t use for anything. It would make more sense to have all the games be multiples of $0.25.

The new ropes course they are advertising costs extra and is small. We didn’t try it because it just doesn’t look like it is worth the extra money.

Overall, our experience was good because my kids love to drive go carts and don’t seem to mind doing the same tracks multiple times. I would not pay full price for this attraction. Definitely check the weather before you go because the majority of the park is outdoor attractions.

2  Thank Sealine75
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Miniature golf is really sad- even though they state it was refinished it still looks like a ghost two for a miniature golf course.

The rest of the park is very small and can be done quickly. Games are extra and are way overpriced. The whole park is way to expensive for what you get....I don't even think the Groupons they offer are worthwhile. No rainchecks are offered and it rained the day we went so we were out of luck. Seems like they should offer some sort of refund if you have only been there for a short while. Either way-

I cannot recommend this place!

2  Thank jeneric12
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's OK. The carts are interesting for a short while. The video games are OK, but if you have a PS or XBox it doesn't seem worth it. The putt-putt course is OK, but it tends to have a lot of exhaust smell. I've been a couple of times, but I'm really not interested in going again.

1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Go karts lose thier thrill after a few times through. Plenty to keep everyone occupied for half of a day, but not much longer. Good deals on groupon make it worth it.