“Good place”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Lot's of places similar nearby but this place was good. Will probably go somewhere else though next time in town.

1  Thank Jaymaxx

Reviewed January 7, 2011

It was a cold night so I called this place before driving over from Orlando. I asked if they had outdoor heat. I was assured that they had good propane heaters. Got there, got a table near a heater and life was great. Decent food, great music and prices. Initially the heaters were nice and orange, throwing good heat. Then they ran low on gas and just became decorative candles with minimal heat. It was only 9pm so I asked 2 waitresses about putting a new gas bottle and they asked the bar back to do it. He came back saying the owner wouldn't let him because of the money!! I told the waitress that I'd give the owner $5 if he'd put the new bottle on. No deal. There were 4 tables of 4-6 people each that this 1 heater had been keeping warm, how much per person could it be, a nickel? How often is it actually cold? I resolved to share this shameful behavior. Overall I liked this place and tipped my servers good (it wasn't their fault the owner's a tightwad). Just don't go if it's cold, or bring your own propane.....

1  Thank leftlaner
Reviewed July 31, 2010

In the five years that I've live in this town (my wife is a lifer), I have never once had an enjoyable experience at main street. Still, I've never truly hated the place until tonight.

In the past, we've tried their lunches (okay, but lackluster), been there for their Jager machine raffles (absoutely FIXED... I've witnessed the rigging), and have read the articles in the newspaper about the owner being sent to prison for owning/running a grow house. Still, we'd go on there on occaison when our friends requested. Tonight, I can safely say that this is the last night I'll EVER enter said premises.

What put us over the top is not the the fact that the mixed drinks are weak, but instead that when I returned for another round, I was COMPLETELY IGNORED by the bar staff. Seriously, they waited in people to the left and right of me, but totally ignored me for a full 10 minutes. Bear in mind that I am under 30, and was not drunk when this occured, Even when I lived in cities in the northeast, I was NEVER ignored like I was tonight.

Again, I've always hated this place because it has nothing unique to offer. Now, I have finally convinced my wife to stop making me waste our money there. Thank God!

3  Thank Pealy
Reviewed October 11, 2008

Main Street Pub offers an an excellent and relaxed atmosphere, no matter where you choose to sit (or stand). They offer fair prices on a wide variety of drinks. Unfortunately, they stop serving food at 11PM, and as I enjoy food with my spirits, I often have to pass it over when it comes to my late-night choices. Other than this small issue, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank SuperBuffetBoy
Reviewed July 7, 2008

They have 2 indoor bars and a very cool outside tiki style bar. They squeeze fresh juice for all their drinks and the food is really good. Every time we have gone there we've really liked it.