“Great staff - nice place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Arrived at 11:15am and no rooms ready. Explained I was just over from UK and jet lagged, Barbara on reception suggested I grab a coffee and use the business center until they got a room ready for me (as I was VERY early!). In about 15 mins my room was ready. While I was waiting Barbra told me about a few local places to eat, after asking what I liked etc and give me a bunch of discount vouchers for my short-list. Perfect. Room, wifi and breakfast was of the usual standard expected at Fairfield not a single thing I could fault. I would stay again if in the area. Without doubt the staff *really* try to make your stay a good one.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed February 7, 2010

I stay here all the time. The hotel is new, clean and has a wonderful staff. It is close to theI-95, and is only 30(ish) minutes from the Kennedy Space Center and Merritt Island. It's a great location to stay in when you come to watch a Shuttle launch and all the hotels in Titusville are full. I highly recommend it. An added bonus is that there is a movie theatre right next to it (walking distance), and they cell discount movie tix in the lobby of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I frequently travel for business and am delighted with the Fairfield in Melbourne. The hotel is the newest in town and everything looks new and clean. The rooms have a bright, fresh, colorful look that is such a nice change from the usual drab and non-descript rooms of other hotels in this category. I really like the showers, the desk area with flatscreen tv that easily tilts toward the desk, and I like the wired internet service in room. Beds are comfy. The free breakfast always satisfies my needs, although my one small suggestion would be to offer regular half and half with the coffee (in addition to the coffemate). Makes coffee taste so much better in my opinion, but this is a personal preference. At the front desk, Hector, Grace and Barbara are always so nice and cheerful and helpful and always make sure I know that my business is appreciated. They seem to strive to make everyone comfortable and welcome. Great service, great price, great hotel.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2009

I recently stayed here in order to see the Space Shuttle launch the next day. The hotel is clean and shiny! The staff was the friendliest I've ever come across and that includes everyone from the front desk to the housekeeper. I left a small item in my room when we checked out, called the hotel the next day and they offered to mail it to me free of charge.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Melbourne over the weekend just to visit the antique stores and were very impressed with this hotel. We checked in early, knowing we may not be able to get a room so early, but the manager, Jim had us sit in the breakfast lounge and have coffee while he tried to work it out for us. Barbara and Grace at the front desk couldnt be more helpful and friendly. This hotel staff will go all out for you. The room was very clean and modern decorated, and huge !!! The bed was so comfy. The pool was heated. The breakfast even has make your own waffles and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. Next door is a movie theatre, and the front desk sells discount tickets. Very convenient. Very close to I-95. We will definatly stay here again. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed three nights while visiting family and cleaning out my late aunt's home. Top notch staff at this hotel -- this is what stood out the most. The rooms and the hotel are in first rate condition. The breakfast was also wonderful. There was a soccer tournament going on in the area while we were staying there, but the hotel put us on a floor away from all the families. Looking forward to going back in a couple of months.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We only stayed here, en-route to Kennedy Space Centre for one night. However, it is very new and clean, rooms a good size and comfy beds. Pool on the small side, but great for cooling off and gym on site as well. Good location, easy to find, more than adequate breakfast. Would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family