All reviewsmovie theaterfront deskfree breakfastthe breakfast areahot breakfastvisiting familycouple of nightswould stay here againgreat place to staythe hotel is cleanport canaveralchecking inhousekeeping staffother hotelsnice propertyparking lotconvenient location
Reviewed July 20, 2012

stayed here with my spouse and 16 year old. Wow what a nice place. I always worry when I book on line if I'm getting a nice place but don't worry, it's great. The interior is brand new, clean and very well maintained. The staff was great, very friendly and always available. My daughter had a hard time sleeping and the hotel staff found her cammomile tea to help her sleep! The breakfast was good but it didn't have hot food, except waffles. It did have cereal, yogurt, bagels, english muffins, muffins etc. so it was good enough. I can't stress enough how friendly the staff is, when we arrived they pulled out a map and showed us all the places we should go. The hotel is in a very nice area. It is well away from the beach but is located right off the interstate so you could go in any direction to melbourne beach, cocoa beach or over to sebastian inlet and not feel stuck on one beach. The brevard zoo is also very close and well worth the visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
SalesDirectorNancy, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your nice review NORman0762. As you can tell we like working here and we really enjoy helping our guests. And you're right - our location is good for being able to reach a variety of atttactions and fun spots easily. Indialantic Beach is due east of us and is a nice little beach town with restaurants, clothing boutiques and surf shops. Brevard Zoo is the only zoo with kayaking and they have a beautiful aviary, but their giraffe family is very popular too. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Came to my high school reunion and stayed at this hotel and got a reasonable rate. The hotel is very nice-clean, fresh and nicely decorated. The front desk staff (particularly Paula) was so sweet and friendly. I have stayed in many hotels across the country and I can say this was some of the best customer service I have ever received. The "continental" breakfast bar was one of the best and went beyond the normal offerings. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Melbourne area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

What a nice review Amy D. We appreciate your comments, especially that you found our hotel to be very clean! It's our top concern every day and our way of showing our guests how much we value their decision to stay with us. We're very proud that you chose us to be your first review on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I came to Melbourne from Windermere Florida for a weekend vacation we was looking at hotels on the beach for the beachfront view. We stop at the Hilton on the beach and believe it or not for $250.00 a night the rooms are not worth it so we drove back and saw the fairfield by Marriott and I called for price they said $89.00 a night so we stop in and the front desk I believe her name is Debbie she was attending a check out and she excuse her self to welcome us. That was an A plus right there. So before she check us in she ask if we prefer first floor or second floor and explain breakfast time, also gave us coupon for all type of restaurant and check out is at noon which gave her another A plus. We got our room and I was blown away how beautiful, classy and very clean. the room look like a $200.00 a night room. Next morning we all woke feeling really nice cause the mattress was nice and soft. We stop by the breakfast area we ate and it Damn good too. We wish we could of stay another night but we got to work on Monday and the Debbie at the front desk she made us feel really welcome and she was a sweetheart. If you vacation at Melbourne you have stay here. I will come back 100% pure ill be back to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for your kind words Windermer. We're not a big oceanfront hotel but we are a Marriott and we're happy to provide our guests with Marriott-level service and friendliness at a great rate. We hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

While visiting family, I took the opportunity to stay at this hotel. It is reasonably priced, sits in a great location and has all the standard amenities that one should expect from a Marriott.
Pull up to the front right after jumping off the freeway, it has a very welcoming feel. Either it is fairly new or the maintenance and upkeep are very good. As I drove past the Econolodge, I was glad I had selected the Marriott.
Very friendly service at check-in, explaining all the features and times and then a short trip up to the 4th floor. Everything was clean, functioning, pleasant looking. I really can't come up with a short-fall. The room had plenty of space, a very comfortable and large bed, plenty of good quality pillows and the not to be missed flat-screen TV. Free wireless internet was part of the package and that is always a great feature!
There was nothing to be missed in the room, save maybe a mini-bar, but then I'm not one to normally raid these either. Everything in the room and bath was clean and comfortable. It was bright, cheery and had a very nice feel. The bath, though not large, was equally clean and pleasant.
Since this was at about the middle of my trip, it was time to do laundry. A coin washer and dryer are available for guests and the soap and softener are supplied for free. That's a pretty fair deal!
Since there is an I-HOP and a Denny's right next door, I did not partake in breakfast at the hotel, though they have very generous hours. But traveling from overseas, I simply had to partake of these two venues. A Sam's club is right next door, as well as a movie theater and Melbourne Beach is but a 15 minute drive. As stated, very convenient.
The fitness area isn't expansive, but served my purposes. An elliptical trainer and some free weights is enough for me. But it was also clean and well maintained, if a little warm for an exercise area. I left my headphones behind, but the service got them back to me.
The staff are very friendly, as noted in other reviews. Always a nice welcome or good bye when crossing the lobby, or passing room service.
There is nothing to complain about with this stay, and I can recommend it in good conscience.

Room Tip: I always prefer the upper floors. W New Haven is a pretty busy street, but I was never disturbed by the street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the nice review RGKwi. It's very appreciated especially coming from a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor like yourself. Our location is good for those visiting family, especially if they're students at Florida Institue of Technology, which is nearby. All our guests recieve our "Guest Savings" card, which offers discounts or free appetizers at nearby restaurants, free day pass for shopping at Sams Club and other goodies. Just another way we provide Marriott service to our guests.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our car overheated bringing us to this Fairfield Inn. It was pouring rain and we expected to be able to find a nice room which was everything we hoped it to be. What we didn't expect was the exceptional level of service of the staff. Jessica at the front desk, welcomed us with an umbrella. Hearing about our car troubles she recommended a repair shop that she and other staff took their cars to. She called them for us and then suggested places that would deliver food to our room. Her suggestion was great and we felt like guests in her home. She later checked on us to ask if the food was to our satisfaction. The next morning we met Barbara Perez and told her we were taking our car in for service. She immediately suggested the same repair shop cause it is where she gets her car fixed. Told her we were set and she suggested that we come back to the hotel after dropping off the car so as not to wait in the repair shop. We did this until the noon checkout time. We stayed till noon and then sat in the breakfast area. The head of housekeeping came over and said "I didn't know you had car trouble... had I known you could have stayed in your room a little longer past noon." We told her we were fine and then Barbara and another staff worker (Italian lady) came over and asked if they could help. It was evident that they all liked their jobs. Barbara proudly showed us the hospitality award on the wall. From now on we are going to make Marriott/Fairfield Inn our #1 choice while traveling.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

What a great story CaseyDC! Having your car break down in the rain can ruin any trip. We're so glad we were able to brighten your day a little. Jessica, Barbara and the Italian lady, who is Grace, our General Manager, were happy to recommend our reliable local car repair shop, and are happy to know you made it home safe and sound.