“Suwanee river WHAT?????????????????????”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mayo
Suwannee River Rendezvous Resort & Campground
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Mayo
Reviewed June 30, 2013

If the word rendezvous is synonymous with dump that it's right on track. Went to the restaurant....now keep in mind this is after many ahead of arrival calls to the place to check things out. Instead of the "Grandma's home cooked steaks and full menu, we got some idiot telling us that that they were out of food. You could have what ever you wanted on the menu as long as it was not food.We got burgers and greasy onion rings. The manager apologized for the cook saying he was new.....Grandma must have died before we got there. We got a cabin and the A/C did not work. After idiot number one came and said he did not know what I expected him to do about it, we got his cousin who finally disconnected all the electronics and put the A/C on manual full blast. Mattresses were vintage to say the least. At least no bed bugs, but I suppose that was because there was no stuffing in the mattress for them to live on. NOW we come to the " Florida's largest conversation pool. I guess people in Mayo don't speak much as they are all related and have very little to say. This pool was all of 12' in diameter. I took my 16' bass boat with me and was assured that there was a nice dock and boat ramp. Now let me tell you about the "Ramp" Maybe if I had 20 mules I could have pulled my trailer out of the mud pit they called the ramp, but they would have had to be very big mules. DOCK............ when I asked where the " very nice dock" was, I was told that it was in fact very nice but had been washed away several years ago in a storm. The current dock consisted of a rope hanging from a tree. and you could jump out of the boat with luck uninjured onto the roots in the mud. I don't mind any of the above. I have stayed at worse. But what does piss me off, is calling ahead numerous times, just ahead of arrival to confirm facilities, and being outright lied to is not right and bad business.And to boot they have an absolute no refund policy. Don't believe a word they say, Go to Fanning Springs Clean same price and A+++++++++++++++++++

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ethhww

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We spent the weekend at the Rendezvous Resort with our family and we really enjoyed our stay. It was my husband and I, our older daughter with her husband and two children, ages 6 and 4 month, younger daughter (24) and her friend.

We stayed in the A-frame and found it a satisfactory accommodation, nothing fancy but plenty of room, comfortable and reasonably clean. The large wrap around screened deck had a view of the river that is to die for. Wonderful, wonderful.

We fished, we swam, both in the natural springs and at the pool complex at the campground. Some of us canoed. We played trivia and karaoked. It's a family atmosphere. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we plan to make this an annual family event.

Room Tip: Don't expect fancy - expect campground and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place is awesome. My family and I have camped here for memorial day the last 3 years & my parents have gone on their own a few times. There is so much to do.....the river, the spring, fishing, canoeing, kayaking......this probably isn't a place for people who can't take the outdoors (I am merely assuming from the bad reviews) but a great family place. We have gone before and after the new resort area and are as equally pleased. pleased The owners are great, friendly people who will talk to you about just anything.

Room Tip: I've never stayed in the hotels, after all this is a RV resort!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jimmie_K27
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here and have done so in the past few years because it is a great place, if you love the outdoors as we do. They supply one of the best paddling experiences around for novice or experienced paddlers along with their shuttle service thats excellent. This place is located by several beautiful springs along the river and the property is beautiful with the large oaks and cypress trees. We now make this place one of our destinations at least once a year now to kayak and camp. The staff with the services do truely make this a beautiful thing with our visits. They are a great family and make us feel very welcomed everytime we come. If yolu love camping, canoeing and/or kayaking, this is a top notch place to do it. Beautiful people, beautiful place, good for the soul everytime and you might leave having new friends as we have.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is our second visit to this property.Let me start by saying that we are not needy discerning people. This place gives us the ability to enjoy nature without actually tent camping. My husband and I stayed in the waterview (not a great view of the water) log cabin both times. The others in our group stayed in the Chalet this time and the A frame last year. This place is not a five star facility, it is very rustic and has a laid back charm about it. They offer a few river view rooms right on the water and also some individual opportunities for lodging in the middle of the property. They just added an RV park complete with a nice heated pool area. There is primative tent camping dotted around the wooded areas and a nice playground for the kids. The cook shack has a cute sign on the window to "hollar for the cook". The food offered is good, plentiful and very inexpensive. We happened to be there when they had a live band inside the main facility on Sat night and the whole family had fun dancing. They offer float trips where you can rent kayaks or canoes and they take you up stream so you can float back to the campground. When the water levels are low the trip takes longer and when its higher it is much quicker (less paddling too). This trip can take four hours so we skipped doing it this time. I would like to elaborate about the rustic charm of this place. Each individual rental has a fire pit to have your own lil camp fire so bring firewood. They are clean and provide some basic items such as utensils etc. The larger rentals have ovens but the smaller ones have cook tops and microwaves. Our log cabin had a comfortable bed and a bed that is up in a loft. There is exposed wood for the walls which gives a warm feel. Honestly we love this little place but might have trouble getting up and down the ladder from the loft especially in the dark. It would be fine for the younger crowd. The cabin had a small table with two chairs and there is a smal bistro table and two cairs on the quaint front porch. There is a remote wall unit that provides heat/ac/fan. We enjoyed the couch and television only to catch up on weather at the start of the morning. Anyone who doesnt mind the outdoors and everything that comes with that being said, fishing, canoeing, camp fire sitting and just relaxing should love this place. If you dont like sand or water etc this place isnt for you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MsCleen
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My family and I just returned home from one of the most quaint and relaxing places we've been to in a long time. Suzie and her staff were absolutely wonderful! It was hospitality at its best. Despite the fact that the river was approaching flood stage(happens now and then) it was business as usual. We stayed in one of the river rooms and the view of the Suwannee river was spectacular.Although we werent able to fish this time because of the rising river, we spent three great days just kicking back, enjoying the scenery, making new friends, and eating well(did i mention the great food?) We were treated to a live country?rock band saturday night at the lodge, and had a huge homemade breakfast Sunday morning( did i mention the great food?) You need to visit this place, no its not the hilton but it wouldnt leave you feeling like we do if it was. KH

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view if you are not staying at the rv resort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KH357Alachua
Reviewed February 28, 2013

New campground in 2012. Level, grassy sites. Full hookups, 20/30/50A with sewer and water. New pool, hot tub and conversation pool adjacent to laundry and shower facility. Nice place, quiet, serene, surrounded by pine forests. Small restaurant next to office in older section serves breakfast and lunch on Fri/Sat/Sun. Blueberry pancakes were very good. Office building is large and includes an area for games and cards or just getting together. There is a spring fed spring by the office that makes a great swimming hole except when the river is up and turbid and it 'brownes out' the water. Nice sized off leash area on south end of campground.
Six miles to Mayo.
Over all a very nice place and we will be back. We stayed here one month.

Room Tip: Cabins/motel are in older part and we did not experience them.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Suwannee River Rendezvous Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!