“Great place to take a large group and a great feel of Old Florida”

Old Fish House Marina Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Matlacha
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Olde Fish House Marina located in Matlacha Florida, outdoor seating on the water. Seafood Market and Restaurant only serves fresh local seafood right off our boats. Watch the fish being unloaded as you sit and relax old Florida style.
Reviewed November 4, 2015

On Wed. October 28th we had 29 kayakers meet at the Old Fish House Marina Restaurant for lunch. We had contacted Lisa and Fish House personnel about a week before our arrival date and they certainly went the extra mile to make it a very enjoyable experience for all of us. They were super friendly and everything was prepared for our huge group when we arrived. They had set aside a wonderful area for our entire group to dine together. Considering we had so many people, the service was quick, professional, and extremely friendly. The food was excellent and from our entire group there was not one complaint. After lunch we were able to launch our kayaks from right behind the restaurant at their boat ramp. We would definitely come back to this special slice of old Florida again. Thank you, again, Lisa and staff at the Old Fish House Marina Restaurant!!

27/80 Paddlers, Stuart, Florida

Lisa D, General Manager at Old Fish House Marina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2015

Thank you so much for bringing your group here we loved to be able to meet everyone and so glad you all enjoyed your lunch we hope the next time you all come to Matlacha you come back and see us.....be safe paddling and hope you enjoyed the beautiful waters that surround our little piece of paradise.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

It is very rustic, but a neat atmosphere at the marina.
I had peel and eat shrimp --- THEY STILL HAD HEADS ON. I have never ordered shrimp where they still had heads on. I'm sure this is the norm in some places, but not what I expected in a Florida restaurant. Very disappointing.
My friend had a grilled mahi mahi platter she thoroughly enjoyed. It came with two sides and a hush puppy. A good deal.
Service was good.

2  Thank pzpmp
Lisa D, Manager at Old Fish House Marina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2015

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your shrimp, but we serve them as they come off the boat. I would like to make it up to you so please email me at oldfishhouse@gmail.com.

For future reference you can order the shrimp with heads off.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

If you're looking to find the real Florida,look no further. GREAT seafood restaurant, excellent fish market, live music, cold beer and friendly patrons. Look for special events hosted by Lisa and crew. It's a regular stop for me!

Thank you for being a regular and supporting local businesses and fisherman

Reviewed October 30, 2015

this is an outside, old time Matlacha eatery. Seafood is always fresh and never over cooked. Service was superb. Local musicians always provide great entertainment.

1  Thank Connie S

So glad you enjoy our little piece of paradise look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2015 via mobile

I think that the Old fish house is one if the most improved restaurants in the area. I had a few not so good visits there in the past. One time I had what they called Mullet and it was just horrible. I threw most of it out and did not even ask for
anything to replace it, I was just to scarred to eat it. A couple of weeks ago a couple of friends wanted to eat there and I really didn't want to go. Everybody told me to get off it and assured me it was OK. I'm happy that I listened, the food was really good and the service was excellent. The music was very good. The fact is that I'm planning to having dinner there tonight. I'll write tomorrow and let you know how you it to was.

I am sorry to hear you did not like the mullet as I get a lot of mixed reviews about mullet, this is a local favorite. I wish you would of let us prepare another dish for you I think you would of been very pleased with snapper, grouper or even shrimp or scallops.

I am pleased to hear you planned on a return visit and giving us another chance.