“Will Go back for More!”

Miceli's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Matlacha
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Description: Casual dining, fun atmosphere, outdoor seating, live entertainment 7 days a week.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We went to Miceli's based on a recommendation from a friend. It was on a Saturday evening and I feared it would be packed, which it was, but the staff kept the tables turning quickly and we were seated immediately. Our server, Steve was very pleasant, attentive and quick to respond to requests for various things. I was impressed first by his offer to replace my #1 choice - crab cakes with my #2 choice of shrimp scampi if I didn't like the crab cakes. I liked the crab cakes but not my choice of a side of penne with red sauce. The penne was al dente but dry and could have used more sauce.

The salad came with the best bleu cheese dressing I think I've ever had in a restaurant. Plus, it came with some extra crumbles of bleu cheese which made it even better!

My husband had the fried grouper and fries which were both good. Again, he really likes crispy, thin batter on the fish and thought this batter was a little thick.

When I requested a glass of Pino Grigio, the waiter brought a bottle of "house" Pino Grigio that was $12 a bottle and said I could take home what I didn't drink. I asked if I could have a taste before buying the bottle and was informed that there wasn't an open bottle to take a taste from. I suggested to our waiter that if management offered a taste before buying, they might sell a few more bottles!

All in all, we liked it enough to go back again. There are many interesting and classic dishes that I'm looking forward to trying.

1  Thank Debbie H
There are newer reviews for Miceli's Restaurant

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have lived in the area on and off for 22 years, and just recently discovered this place, they dont really advertise so maybe thats why i never knew about them.
For starters went there for lunch with the family, $1.50 draft beer, and soda is $2.65, you do the math, 2 beers please...
Crunchy grouper sandwich is great, wife had the "bada bing" shrimp that was actually better tasting than another fish restaurant chain( bang bang shrimp). Kids meals were large portions for under $5 Ill be back for sure

Reviewed November 25, 2013

staff is great.owners always come and and great you..great views..great food always a A+my husband and i go 1 to 2 times a week and have gotten to know everyone its a great feeling walking in and being greeted like you are part of the family

Reviewed November 23, 2013

To start with food was great, location in Matlacha is wonderful right on the water, staff does a great job! The owner Mike interacts with customers and you will see him interacting with staff and working as hard as they are.

We have been to Micelis several times always a good experience. They have completed a new stamped concrete area on the outside patio. It looks great and helps add more room for tables. Live music every evening. Outside you will sit right on the water, a natural passage leading out past Pine Island. We had the Tuna Poke as an appetizer. Sashimi quality tuna in an asian sauce served ice cold. It was awesome. I will order it the next time for sure. I had the clam chowder and Micelis clam with linguini. The chowder was as good or better than any chowder we had on a recent trip to Maine and Nova Scotia. It was all about the seafood! The clams and linguini came with a boat load of clams in the shell over noodles. My wife had the effplant special. I had a taste of it very good! Micelis is a great place to go and it is SW Florida so the weather is great. Get there early. The food an location along with the staff really make this a fun place to go.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We dine at Miceli's often and are always impressed with the quality of food and service. Whether you are looking for Italian, seafood, pizza or just dome good ole' home cooking, it is definitely worth the trip. And the daily specials are great deals. More than the food, the service is outstanding. The servers know the menu and are always able to answer questions or make recommendations and they always do it with a smile. it can be a bit noisy during peak hours, which seems to be all the time, but that is part of the ambiance. We always recommend Miceli's to anyone who asks for dining suggestions and will continue to go back as often as possible.