“Disappointed once” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miceli's Restaurant

Miceli's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Matlacha
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual dining, fun atmosphere, outdoor seating, live entertainment 7 days a week.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Disappointed once”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Based on all of the great reviews, we decided to try give dinner a try. Certainly nothing to "write home about". We ate inside. It was very loud and had a hard time even hearing our friends on the other side of the table. Our server was understandably in a hurry due to the dinner chaos but had very little time to put on his happy face. He was quick and unfriendly. We tried the Grinders. Mostly bread, not much for toppings. We did enjoy the fried pickles. We would have been happy with those and a beer. Maybe we'll have to try again......

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YAYcamping

Lancaster, PA
“Fun Bar w/ Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place gets crowded and we know why. Whether you are outside with the view and the entertainment or inside, it is a great place to go. We sat at the bar for Happy Hour from 3 - 7. Great drink prices and the bartenders, Lisa and Mike, were very friendly. We had their oysters and Bada Bing Shrimp as appetizers. They were great. The shrimp tastes like the ones you get at Bonefish. We then had their French Dip sandwich with their home-made horseradish. My husband and I split the sandwich and that was plenty for us and it was excellent. The fries w/chili were also very tasty. We played their trivial pursuit-like game at the bar and with Lisa's help managed to beat our husbands. What a fun evening. Can't wait to go back.

Magnetic Island, Australia
“Disappointing twice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The first time we had a meal at Miceli's it was over salted so we decided not to go back. But due to a social gathering of friends it was decided by others to go to Miceli's to celebrate. There was live music outside which I normally really like. My husband and I sometimes even get up and dance, but the musician and his loud system were so uninspireing it bordered on very boring. Perhaps another night other than Tuesday night may be better.
I ordered grilled chicken on a fresh salad. One would think that that would be a safe bet. But again I was disappointed. The chicken although grilled obviously hadn't been marinated in any flavouful herb and was extremely flat tasting. The salad was made of the cheapest lettuce one can find. No argula, no watercress, no spinach, no onion....nothing to give the salad some umph! Tasteless, cheap and boring. The mango vinagrette didnt taste of mango. Together with 1 plastic tumbler of beer I had to pay $13 for a meal I didn't enjoy and certainly could have made better at home. The restaurant which is on the main road relies on a tourist clientele and so doesn't need to make a great effort I suppose. If I can help it we will not go back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank anakie
Cape Coral, Florida
“Not Only Awesome Food & Atmosphere.... Family -owned by moralistic, community mind folks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Miceli's is a great place to go for lunch or dinner. Great Italian food, seafood, pizza & burgers! Great entertainment and beautiful waterfront atmosphere... In addition to all this, the MICELI family is very community orientated. The often host fund-raisers, donating proceeds back to worthy causes. The recently hosted our Baker Buddies Bash. This club facilitates friendships between students with and without handicapping conditions. Miceli's welcomed all these student with open arms. After the benefit was over, Miceli's made a very generous donation to the club.

SO---GO..ENJOY..KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN AN AWESOME PLACE WITH AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

Lima, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prime Rib for 2 - $20.00”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Outstanding meal tonight!!!! Best prime rib with their own horseradish sauce. Baked potatoe with sour cream and butter. Salad was very fresh. Garlic bread. Excellant service. I am from Ohio but when I get in this area, I never miss going to this restaurant.
Never had a bad meal here. Oh yeah, if you like cannolis for dessert, they are soooo good. Have to take them with me and eat later. My friend says the Margarita up was very good. Coffee and cream was good for me as the weather was in the 60's. You will enjoy the atmosphere also.

• Visited January 2013