“MATLACHA'S FINEST INN!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matlacha
Southern Indiana
“MATLACHA'S FINEST INN!”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Our stay at the Bridgewater Inn was WONDERFUL! Amanda and Jan and Matt took excellent care of us and our needs. Our room with 3 beds met our needs perfectly and even the Ladyfish cooperated! We also met some other nice folks who were staying there and just sitting and sunning on the deck facing the water was really nice. We had 2 breakfasts at the Perfect Cup and were made welcome by everyone there, not to mention the WORLD CLASS BREAKFASTS. My favorite is the LOX & BAGEL – ASTOUNDING! All in all, we had an outstanding stay at the Bridgewater and hope to return in the near future with friends from Connecticut – maybe to experience the heat of Summer and do more fishing. Thank you one more time

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
bristol
Reviewed February 26, 2010

This is a retrospective review.
My wife and I have done a lot of travelling, quite often hiring a car and off we go.
Sometimes we just catch a train to see where it goes and then search for a hotel.
We would describe ourselves as older backpackers that no longer need to slum it.
We absolutely hate (most) five star hotels. We rarely return to anywhere (except Sri Lanka) because we believe there is big wide world out there with lots of exciting places to explore and lots of great places to stay.
Some friends asked me a question tonight. Which room in which hotel in the world would I most like to return to and why?
I chose the corner room at the Bridgewater Inn at Matlacha.
The reasons I chose this place was that I felt relaxed the minute I stepped through the door into the very spacious room, with water on two sides. A Manatee swam past as I ate my breakfast outside the room one morning. A Dolphin went past in the evening. I'm not a fisherman, but I had a go and enjoyed it. We ate fish. Everyone was friendly. We heard some great slide guitar in the nearby bar. I felt totally at home here. I read lots of books, and left Matlacha feeling a better person than when I arrived. My wife and I have decided we must return here.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I have stayed at the Bridgewater each year for seven years now. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in the area. The rooms are comfortable, cozy, and clean. The staff are great and will help you with anything, from extras for the room to information about the area and the wildlife. There's nothing better than sitting in your room, scanning the water for manatees, dolphins, rays, and leaping fish, watching the birds, and enjoying the water. Sitting out on the deck and enjoying the activity on the bridge is another favorite pastime at the Bridgewater, along with walking down Pine Island Road and visiting galleries and shops. Everyone I've sent to the Bridgewater feels the same way. Don't miss a chance to stay here!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
South Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Wonderful stay this year, very clean and friendly staff! Close to what you may need, But, far enough to get away from everyday life!! It's like the Key's on the west coast!!! A lot of fun!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2009

This is my 3rd stay at the bridgewater but not the last. This funky, old time florida inn is built over the water. The rooms are all different ranging from a small motel type room to 2 beautiful 1 bedroom units. All are over the water with fishing right outside the door. While there dolphin came by regularly a few feet from the dock and a manatee made an appearance once also. Restaurants and pubs are within close walking distance and management does everything to make your stay special. They have fishing poles and tackle available at no charge, while there, all the poles were being used by others and the mgr gave me his own. Don't expect a Marriot, its old time florida lodging, clean but rustic. Its one of our favorite hotels in the world.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2009

great staff, attention to detail. Without a doubt the best view we have seen, manatees, dolphins, birds.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Cape Coral Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Lovely quaint Inn in Matlacha. The managers are very friendly and helpful-especially when a squall line came through and threatened our boat. Rooms are clean and neat-I liked the fact that they recycle. Not luxurious-but COZY. The fishing is great right at the dock-I caught my first large tarpon there. Even though we live only about 5 miles away, we are looking forward to another "getaway" at the Inn. Great breakfast and dinner a short walk away-"The Perfect Cup".

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matlacha
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
#17 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Matlacha Cove Inn
Matlacha Cove Inn
#2 of 2 in Matlacha

Been to Bridgewater Inn? Share your experiences!