All reviews fish front door pine island coffee pot berts bar can't wait to go back few months couple rooms large corner suite rooms are clean view is amazing fort myers friendly service only stayed one night unique place small kitchen few steps
Reviewed March 5, 2018

What a unique place. Only stayed one night, but will make the trip down to stay again. Just to be able to sit on the jetty with a beer and take in the view is amazing. Beautiful sunset. The room was small, but had everything we needed. Bert’s bar and grill just a few steps along the road was great for dinner and the Perfect Cup was just right for breakfast. The Inn is right next to the bridge going on to Pine Island and you can hear the traffic, but it didn’t take away the great experience of staying in such a fantastic little place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
GuestSvsMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

We stayed here for a couple days of relaxation before going to a wedding in Tennessee and we can't wait to go back. They are working on a couple rooms and their contractor moved away so it may be a few months before all the rooms are open but there are still a couple small rooms and one large corner suite plus two cottages. Rooms are clean, maybe a little dated but well kept. They have full kitchens so meals are cheaper than going out to eat. The rooms are all over the water so when you walk out onto the balcony you can throw your pole (which they can provide) right in. Very friendly staff and right next to a gift shop and seafood market. The bar is two doors down. Lots of other things within a mile or so. The draw bridge was fun to watch also. Smoking is allowed on the deck.

Room Tip: room 3 is a corner suite with two beds and a pull out. Full kitchen and living room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeandJulie1
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!! We are pleased to see you have had a wonderful stay with us!!

We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed October 31, 2017

We had to find a place to stay after Hurricane Irma and this was the only place available within fifty miles of our home. At first the manager and clerk seemed kindhearted and pleasant. I had given them my credit card information before we arrived, and they had put the charges ($212. 26) through on September 19th.
Imagine my surprise to see that the Bridgewater Inn deducted another $173.99 on October 11th!
I called right away and was told that it was a mistake due to the fact that they had recently replaced their old software and that their District Manager had been the one to put it through. I was told this was a mixup, as they had found some discrepancies in the books. Mary (the manager) assured me that she was putting the money back into my account as we spoke. Mary told me that I would see the refund on my card within 3-5 business days.
A week went by and nothing. I called and spoke to Mary a second time. This time she told me two things:
1) That she had lost my credit card information and could not refund me the money without my number, and could I please give it to her. She sounded sincere and against my better judgement I gave it to her once again.
And, 2) There had been a mix up and they had somehow failed to charge me an additional thirty something dollars. She assured me that this time it would all be straightened out and that I would get a refund of now $140. something back on my card.
Another week and a day for good measure goes by and again, nothing.
I called a third time and this time I am told that Mary (the manager) is home sick and unavailable. I am assured that if I leave my number the lady at the desk will call Mary and get to the bottom of this.
A few minutes go by and I receive a call from the Bridgewater Inn. The lady at the desk tells me that Mary doesn't understand what happened, because she put a refund through to my card I was emphatically told that Mary was not responsible and that all money is handled by the District Manager Daniel. They had no information or phone number where I could reach Daniel, nor even a last name for the District manager. Really????
I was told to please wait another day for Mary to feel better, so that she could look into this.
I have been very patient, but more and more I feel as though I have been scammed. I will never stay here again and I caution all who entertain the notion to Beware!
Price gouging, shady dealings and dishonesty come to mind at a time when we are still dealing with the after effects of hurricane Irma. Not a good way to conduct a business.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vivianhadding
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

I am sorry you feel this way. This is Danielle the person you are claiming to never get any information from. I was never informed that you were waiting on a call from me. I would be happy to speak to you at any time. We are an upstanding company and I will be happy to get to the bottom of the situation with you. I know I spoke to Mary on several occasions about your situation, I was not aware that you had not been fully taken care of to your satisfaction.
I will call you on Friday to settle this in a more professional manner then by you claiming that we are anything less than professional in our dealings.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Motel is over the water on a dock and gave me a nice clean room with friendly service for a night. Matlacha is an interesting and quirky little fishing town. It has a few motels, a fair amount of restaurant, a little arts district and a lot of 24 hour bait shops.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken A
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Thank you for leaving us your review!!
You said it perfectly!! You come to us to go fishing!!

We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Yes, this motel is going through some renovations, but what a cool concept....staying on a pier with view of dolphin swimming by every few minutes. You can also drop your fishing line right outside your front door. There are also several restaurants and bars within walking distance. The staff was wonderful, by the way and Kathy went out of her way for me and the room was clean. The noise from the workers was minimal during the time I was there and during the day when we were out doing other stuff anyway. I read the prior reviews, but took a chance anyway because it looked so cool.....I liked it a lot and would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: It's probably best to call & talk about the room you want & the status of the renovations instead of reserving it online.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amarrocco
GuestSvsMgmt, Director of Sales at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!! We are pleased to see that you gave us a chance. Yes we are under going some major renovations, but the end result will be worth it for anyone willing to give us a chance!!

We hope you do come back and stay with us in the future! We look forward to building a lasting relationship with you!

The Staff at Bridgewater Inn